K's litte beginer gallery

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Re: K's litte beginer gallery

Post by Maru »

no answers ??
och well
The "Archer" - spider webs / cobwebs - don't c them - they would add a lot to the whole diorama thing,
random cans or bottles , or papers all details build up Viniete - this one is a bit empty
i like the gun but on other hand leather things looks same - and this is bad as they are made of leather not Wood - to similar - adding texture usualy helps to build up leather feel to the thing
Soda Pop - i like Boots , knee pads , gunhoster , binoculars .. and rest look rushed (all gray things are good )
"GOOD RACK CAN MAKE A DONKEY ATTACK LION"
http://maru.worldblogcafe.com/
k_dash

Post by k_dash »

Thank you for the reply Maru.
Regarding your comment that the base was to empty, I think that this new minis of mine shows that I have taken this advice to heart. This is my third attempt at this mini. first two looked so bad that she went for a bath into nitro.

I hope that the pics are good enough. I might try to take them once more.
Dengoku o oidasareta denshi wa akuma ni narushikanai.
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

Wayyyyyy better not perfect but way beter (perfect base tend to be as dificult to paint as mini itself and some times same time taking ... or worst even more complicated )
the bigest problem with the mini itself are Mold lines on the shoulders , arm and a part on the coat
and RED - it is quite annoing color to paint i must admit so and tend to end looking like Rubber or Latex when not intended in this case it is Rubber siut
this time base looks better then the mini itselve .. is this bad ?.. i would say nah
the part with Vines create the mood and set the tone of the whole Viniete - thats rather good
the shadings on the coat are good - they lacking final touch like final highlights or deep shadows but they are not messy
the thing you should work a bit in the future is to prepare minature before painting a bit more carefully to remove all unwanted mold lines or casting imperfections - this usualy helps a lot and such unwanted thing could (and it is )_ ruining a lot of awesome works

Cherrs :)
k_dash

Post by k_dash »

Thank you for your kid words.
To be true until recently I treated bases as a problematic necessity not a complementation of the mini. Now I have more pleasure it making the story behind the mini and its base than ever. I don't start a project until that is ready. Few years ago base for me meant PVA glue sand, wash and grass. Now I have a ton of joy in making the base and painting it.
Regarding the mini. I honestly did not notice the mould lines until you told me about them.
I promise to do better next time.

Cheers
k_dash

Post by k_dash »

Hello to all,
This is newest project, a lady from wolfsung. Had fun painting her the base leaves somewhat to be desired. this part I am not so happy with.

Comments as always are most welcome
Kind regards
K'
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

helo
looks monohromatic
the thing that could be improved is very botom of the base - it is just black socket - if this would be a part from old clock or other stuff instade just black saocked it would be improvments /:D
k_dash

Post by k_dash »

Thank you for your replies.
I is true I had no idea with the bottom so I just left it black.
Here are two of my newly finished projects
First is the three ronin girls from Malifaux. Not very happy with the out come of it. There are definitely things that I could have done better on them.
And this is something that I hope Demi might like, this is a Venusian Ranger from old Warzone got him as a gift from a mate of mine took me a long time to clean the enamel paint off of it.
Kind regards
K'
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

ok
Ronins :
minatures lacks highlights on reds and a bit on greys
the bigest problem i c is actualy that a minatures stand there not connected to the base in this case a same source of light on base and on minis helps a lot even painting artificial shadows helps a lot - same as placing things connected to the minatures around the Diorama (like blades , some graffiti or so ) so beside minor things a good work - all tho i would add stronger contrast on all thngs :)
Warzone:
main complain - damn this is damn clean place
some mud , ground escaping true wooden shaft , maybe a rat ? ,
a bag with dirts a used bullet shells - a lot of items and over all mud in place of nice and tidy clean one :D
o and mold lineon the shoulders