Synthet - my work

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
synthet

Re: Synthet - my work

Post by synthet »

I can see what you meant Blue Claw. I was aiming for a uniform approach, where the red beeing used as a contrast to the grey uniform/armour. But Now after you pointed it out...it´doesn´t look that good anymore. Yhanks for your comment, I´ll try to keep that in mind fot next time:)
Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

Post by Corvus »

Well I don't think it's a real problem... but then again I'm a huge fan of limited palettes :)

Maybe Blue Claw's problem lies in the fact that the hair seems to use exactly the same colors as the armor... it's a good idea to keep the hair close to another color on the model, but maybe not 100% the same?

Remember what I said in the other thread about learning from your mistakes? Well this is a great example and best of all is that you drew a conclusion not to do this on your next mini, but at least you tried it out!
synthet

Post by synthet »

Yes, it´s better to have tried and realize it doesn´t work, than never tries at all:) I really like red on miniatures, and I think I got it quite well on this mini. On the next one where I ´ll be using red, I think I go with a slight tone of blu or purple in the red to seperate it from the regular red.
synthet

Post by synthet »

Ok, so I think that I´m done with my Helldiver. I think it went rather ok (considering my ability at least). Can you folks give me some pointers on my "misstakes", so I can improve?
/Denniz
ImageClick to see full-sized image
synthet

Post by synthet »

This is the final result of the Grots showing in my WIP- thread. What do you think, what was good, not so good or was was really bad? I want to improve so your thoughts are important!

Thanks
/Denniz
synthet

Post by synthet »

This is my latest work, hope you will like it.
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

Cool diorama! :)
atacam

Post by atacam »

Love it full of atmosphere.

:clap:
synthet

Post by synthet »

Thanks Skrit and atacam!:) Glad you liked it, I´m really pleased with it.
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

I hate those tyranids from Space Hulk, but you managed to create a very good looking dio with it! The main thing I would point is that I when you look at it the soldier on the floor catches the eye as first and the tyranid is a bit lost.
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22