Marta's stuff

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Re: Marta's stuff

Post by mahon »

I don't mind the paint bottle cap at all. I quite like it.
It makes the miniature a bit less serious. It shows it with a pinch of salt, tongue in a cheek - "hey, it's just a toy on a bottle cap".

well painted though - reminds me of Kapero's paintjob and it's yet another space marine in your portfolio. was it enjoyable to paint?
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Marta

Post by Marta »

Hehe, I'm suprised it's not Maru who spoted the resemblance to Kacpero's champion (well to his armor to be precise). I found his mini while looking for an inspiration, and imidiatelly knew, I need to try this way of painting black. I tried to leave my own mark on the mini though (not mentioning that I completely failed at producing such a smooth paintjob like his).

The mini itself wasn't a big problem while painting (one of the last metal champions) but I made few mistakes at the beginning, and had to fight them to the last minute. Well maybe not mistakes, rather I had no idea where I should go with the armor;p So I guess I can say, I was my own enemy in this case. The rest of the mini was quite a joy to paint, even my attempts to do freehand;]

And I can reveal, that later this year, I'll present few more GW pieces, units even;]
And that will be something completely different for me, so I'm kinda scared;p

cheers

'eM
Impossible is Nothing!!
Twisted Brushes
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

Marta wrote:And I can reveal, that later this year, I'll present few more GW pieces, units even;]
And that will be something completely different for me, so I'm kinda scared;p
Marta going for a Golden Demon ^^
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Marta

Post by Marta »

I'm not gonna lie to you, I'd love to have one of those ugly demons on my shelf. But if this is achievable for me, that's completely different thing;p

'eM
Impossible is Nothing!!
Twisted Brushes
Marta

Post by Marta »

My latest work, Walter Proof from Maow Mniniatures.
Cute little fella, painted for fun.

ImageClick to see full-sized image
cmon this way

C&C always appreciated

cheers
'eM
Impossible is Nothing!!
Twisted Brushes
jason

Post by jason »

very cool fun mini love the eyes and that water splashing is awsome 8)
more pictures here plus the votes wouldn't hurt ;) http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/jason
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

I love how you did the water effect on the mini, how did you achieve the effect?

THe paintjob is nice on such a cute mini, the focus is on his face and eyes and works very well :) not your best paintjob but i do like it as a fun model.
Marta

Post by Marta »

arctica wrote:I love how you did the water effect on the mini, how did you achieve the effect?
I used pieces of clear plastic to create a shape and then vallejo water effect to build the splash. You can find more detailed description on my blog.

cheers

'eM
Impossible is Nothing!!
Twisted Brushes
Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Pandadosmares »

Thats one cool mini :clap:
fullheadofhair

Post by fullheadofhair »

Marta wrote:Omg it takes me ages to finish a mini;p

That's Little Alice from Smart Max.
I think that pics don't do her justice, for example her dress is quite saturated purple, and the damp on the wall is slightly greenish, but I'm unable to take better photos of that mini.
And the whole idea is that Alice is kinda dead... so that's why her skin is so greyish and she's sucking the colours out from the scene.

ImageClick to see full-sized image

Ofcourse every coment and critique will be appreciated.

cheers
m
Didn't see it post so let me say congrats on your gold in Euro Militaire (page 33)! Was just rereading my mag as a break from studying and thought I recognize that! Nice to be able to revisit with a larger picture
Currently painting 15mm's with an extremely large brush - one step away from dipping them in the pot.