pae's junk

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Re: pae's junk

Post by Nameless »

I like the overall smoothness you achieved, not sure about the colours... she looks a bit like going to a pyjama-party
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
p1per

Post by p1per »

Awesome paintjob. I love the shadows and highlights on her pink dress - looks very realistic and smooth. The Gold NMM is the only thing that I dont really like - it looks a bit flat in my opinion (some deeper shadows and highlights).
Little Jimbo

Post by Little Jimbo »

I Really like the colors and the composition of the paint job. the only issue i have with the mini is the swords, in the upper right picture, the sword look really rough and not like a smooth steel surface. the reason i mention it is that the rest of the mini is really smooth and there for i stands out a bit.

But i am sure that it will do good in the contest anyway.

Is there any chance you can give a few tip or a short tutorial on how to paint this dim/pastel colors, as i am trying with out much success to paint with dimed colors, e.g. colors with out much color I don't know the proper word.

Regards
Daniel
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

how did the competition at Wamp go?
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
pae

Post by pae »

sea.man wrote:how did the competition at Wamp go?
I placed third in the McVey contest over at WAMP, so I'm pretty pleased with that.

Here are the two latest that I've finished:

ImageClick to see full-sized image
This is one of the Cthonian Larvae from Rackham. I'm not used to painting monstrous figures, so this was somewhat new ground for me.

This one was for the Game of Thrones contest over at WAMP. I started it very late, so it was a bit rushed. I'm not crazy about how the face turned out, but the rest I'm ok with.
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

tentacle monster end naked chick ... :lol:
is that a Diorama ??
"GOOD RACK CAN MAKE A DONKEY ATTACK LION"
http://maru.worldblogcafe.com/
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

pae wrote:
sea.man wrote:how did the competition at Wamp go?
I placed third in the McVey contest over at WAMP, so I'm pretty pleased with that.
Congratulations!
Cthonian Larvae - nice colors you have chosen, you could push the shades deeper if you wanted to look darker. base is very basic :) you could give it some kind of slime were the larvae was
the one from the Game of Thrones - I know how small are those, so really good job :)
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

dig the larva: although bit of satin varnish could make it even more disguisting :)

@Maru: LOL ^^

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
pae

Post by pae »

I think I picked this one up at ReaperCon 2011 (or perhaps earlier), and based and primed it around that time. Then it sat on my desk untouched for many months until sometime this spring when I started on it again. I got close to finishing it, and then it sat again for another month or so. I've finally finished it, and will be shipping it down to Reaper soonish.

If you feel so inclined, here's the CMON link.

If you feel bored, more of my stuff could use some votes. (I'm not looking to bump up the scores, just that I have some that have been sitting at just below 50 votes for quite a while) http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/pae

Finally, if you want to follow my work on Facebook, I have a page there:
https://www.facebook.com/fingolfindotnet