pae's junk

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
pae

pae's junk

Post by pae »

I took another extended break from painting for the second half of last year, and never posted pics of a couple of the ones I finished back then, so I'll open with those.

First, Wandyr le Sanguinaire (Rackham). This one was in the Wyrd TT/FF contest.

ImageClick to see full-sized image

Next up is Rhymaïs (Arte Factory). This was for the ReaperCon contest. I hated the original base, so I had just about abandoned it. At the last minute (ok--last few hours) I made a new one that was pretty basic.

On to 2010. This Dark Sword piece was the first thing I painted after about 8 months off from painting. Kinda rough in spots, and the base sucks. But the person I painted it for was happy, so that's all that really matters, I guess.

Finally, a gnome that Derek Schubert sculpted for Reaper, which I converted to look a bit more like one of my World of Warcraft characters. I'm not sure I'm ready to call this one done yet, so feel free to rip it apart. :-)

Hopefully I'll do more this year than I've done over the past few years.
Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Re: pae's junk

Post by Pandadosmares »

i really like the first two, the others are sweet but dont linke the minis :wink:
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

Some really excellent pieces there, the cloth on all the models in general are very well done and i keep looking at them again. The colours choices appeal to me since i like bright vibrant colours. The freehand is neat and well detailed :D
Barton

Post by Barton »

The water effect in the first one is GREAT. I liked it a lot. Your basing work is very good IMHO.
Barton Stano
GameMaster of Pulp RPG using Hero System
Rat Rancher (rat ranching had better be fun, it sure ain't profitable)
learning to paint and sculpt
Lombard, IL USA
pae

Post by pae »

Another one in the 'good enough' stage. This one is from Freebooter. I'm working on a different Freebooter figure currently, and that one will probably be finished later this week.

Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

I confirm, it's good enough :) still far from your best though. I miss some stronger highlights here.
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
pae

Post by pae »

Another Freebooter done. I suppose I should start pushing myself again, now that the rust is starting to come off.

Time to prep some more minis.

arctica

Post by arctica »

Nice and clean i really like the detail of the wood grain on the spear. Nice highlights on the cloth of her trousers too.
pae

Post by pae »

Here's the one that I was doing over in the WIP thread. I think I'm ready to call this one finished.

I'm pretty happy with how the metallics turned out. It's definitely a change of pace from doing NMM.

edit: oh yeah...obligatory CMON link.
Last edited by pae on 18 Mar 2010, o 00:10, edited 1 time in total.
arctica

Post by arctica »

I like the metallics on this one alot, and seeing the tutorial wip you were doing on the other thread just really makes this an outstanding piece. Great information and a really well done model. The base is a little on the boring side but the model itself have some nice smooth blends, good contrasting colours which compliment each other and i like the metallics. Well done :) im rapidly becoming a fan of your paintwork.