Invasion of a kraut

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
Begbie
(Forum newbie)

Invasion of a kraut

Post by Begbie »

Well, well, well everyone a kraut is invading your forum so be aware. A week or two ago I thought about posting my minis on some not-kraut-forums. So today I finally found the time to take some pictures of my latest three paintjobs. Here they are:

ImageClick to see full-sized image

I also give you the links to my picasa webalbums with more pictures of the minis. Feel free to have a look at all my other albums there. Well here are the links:

http://picasaweb.google.de/DonKlausens/BatOrc#

http://picasaweb.google.de/DonKlausens/PlagueBearer#

http://picasaweb.google.de/DonKlausens/NurgleHexer#

The BatOrc is a sculpt by Badsmile and the Plague bearer a sculpt by TIN. Both miniatures are availabe at http://www.tinsbits.com/webshop/ .

I just wanted to show the minis to you, because I thought they might inspire you. If you?ve got any questions concerning how I've done this and that on the mini, just ask I will answer them if I remember how I did it?

My home base forum is das-bemalforum and we are always joyful when international painters post their minis in our international corner of the forum:

http://www.das-bemalforum.de/viewforum.php?f=44

I'll update this thread every now and then, so stay tuned.

Thanks for any comments and I would be happy to see your paintjobs in our krautland forum.

Cheers
Begbie

PS: I think you know a kraut is a german and krautland germany (wrote this just to make sure you do).
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

RE: Invasion of a kraut

Post by arctica »

Well i like the first post :) your work is very nice. I looks really smooth but very pastel like :) I especially like the last guy in the robes :) he's very cool. One question if you will, how come you decided to paint the bust in monochromatic colours? :) its still very cool, just an interesting choice of colours.
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

Nice first post, and welcome!

I especially like the Plaguebearer. How did you do the slime?
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

welcome!
nice works, show us some more :)
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

zee germanz! :mrgreen:
welcome to the forum! the best way to introduce here is posting pics of painted minis :D
I also like the nurgle demon the most - great work!

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

and I like the first and the last one the most. I care least for the plague demon, except for the excellent slime effect.

Welcome to the forum and it was a really good way of saying hi to the people here! Enjoy your time here :)
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Slawek

Post by Slawek »

Kraut invading Potatoland forum :)

Herzlich willkomen!
Begbie
(Forum newbie)

Post by Begbie »

@arctica: Well I first started to paint the BatOrc without any further idea how it should end. I looked at the other versions done by mirco and jarhead, the first one was a classic batman and the second one the dark one like in the films. So just to begin the mini I took hawkturquoise, black, white and some grey tones to lighten up and darken the turquoise for the clothes. When I showed a WIP photo to badsmile (the sculptor) during a chat, he had an idea about a nightvision version. Well nightvision is more like greenish brighter, but this gave me the idea to try a monochromatic colour scheme. And because I was to lazy to read what that means, I just used the colours from above and used them for the whole mini. To make material differences between the different parts I just changed the brightness of the base colour for them and also how bright and dark I would push them. So basically I started with no concept and let the concept evolve itself. Thats what I normally do with all my other minis, just a rough concept (like for the Nurgle Sorcerer was the concept green, that's it) and then evolve the concept while painting by feeling which colour I like for the different parts. I'm some kind of emo-painter...

@Skrit+mahon: The slime is just a mixture of Tamiya clear green, yellow and acrylic paints around that tones. I've put it on an extra surface (just a bowl or a piece of plasticard) and let it build a thin skin (takes maybe one minute). Then I took a part of the skin with a brush or toothpick or something else to get a thin thread which I've but in the mini like you see on the picture. The thread can be lengthened becaus it's still sticky. So just try the Tamiya clear stuff it's really nice for slime and blood (Tamiya clear red and smoke).

So thanks for all the comments and still feel free to ask stuff about the minis.

Cheers
Begbie
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

Begbie wrote:So just try the Tamiya clear stuff it's really nice for slime and blood (Tamiya clear red and smoke).
confirmed but don't you ever dare to perform brushlickin' after using tamiya paint :!:

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

I learnt that the hard way too Demi! :shifty: