In the shadow of Dark Tower

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
Le6n

In the shadow of Dark Tower

Post by Le6n »

Just another beginning painter. Most of my painted minis are from Scibor Monstrous Miniatures, but some are from GW...

ImageClick to see full-sized image
CMON

Main foe of Roland Deschain and his ka-tet on their journey for Dark Tower - Randall Flagg; makes his appeareances in many forms and under different names, obviously with R.F. initials.

Original sculpt: Joseph The Wanderer by Scibor (http://www.sciborminiatures.com)

NOTE: This is my first entry into my new series of miniatures inspired by Stephen King's novel series The Dark Tower. There will be also characters like Roland Deschain, Crimson King, Ageless stranger - made by various producers.
Last edited by Le6n on 27 Mar 2009, o 18:30, edited 2 times in total.
IN THE SHADOW OF DARK TOWER blog - reviews, tips & tricks, free models, photogallery
Le6n

Post by Le6n »

CMON

Another character from Stephen King's Dark Tower - Father Donald Callahan. He originally appeared in 'Salem's Lot, where he fought with vampires. But his faith failed and he became one of them. After suicide he wakes up in the Way Station in Wolves of Calla, the fifth book in Stephen King's The Dark Tower series. Re-born priest, ex-vampire, alcoholic with a troubled faith - that's him - Pere Callahan.

Original sculpt: Servant - Orator by Scibor (http://www.sciborminiatures.com)
IN THE SHADOW OF DARK TOWER blog - reviews, tips & tricks, free models, photogallery
Le6n

Post by Le6n »

CMON

This is another fine release from Scibor Miniatures - dwarf adventurer Bromor Hunter in 28 mm heroic scale (I simply love Scibor's releases, can't help myself). It was fun to paint this mini as I wanted him to be not so colorfull as original paint on SMM web.
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

One thing I really like and one thing I am not really fond of:

I like the second one's face, its well defined features and sick skintone. What I don't like is the first one's robe - the way it's shaded from red to black doesn't convince me.

The writing on the second one's scroll is excellent - very neat and detailed. I like the damage on his backpack, too.
But why does he hold this cheese under his chin? :think:
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Le6n

Post by Le6n »

Here are some of GW scuplts - everything finished at the end of 2008.

CMON

I bought this mini for Duel diorama, but after several week of painting (real pain in the ass) I decided to remove the paint and try to convert this boring figure. I think the conversion vorked well and then it was pleasure to paint it again. I put it on standalone base so I can finish the work right now. In near future I hope I will be able to finish idea of Duel dio.

For more progress pictures please visit my blog http://dtsmodelling.blogspot.com

CMON

I loved this one, best dwarf from GW range in my opinion. I used some unusual colours and combination to achieve half fairy-tale, half dark dwarf style.
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

...and good colors on his face :)
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Le6n

Post by Le6n »

mahon wrote:One thing I really like and one thing I am not really fond of:

I like the second one's face, its well defined features and sick skintone. What I don't like is the first one's robe - the way it's shaded from red to black doesn't convince me.

The writing on the second one's scroll is excellent - very neat and detailed. I like the damage on his backpack, too.
But why does he hold this cheese under his chin? :think:
The one with red robe was my first real miniature painted and I was not very familiar with all those techniques, but I was happy with the result that time.

About 'the cheese' on Pere Callahan - it's priests collar. If you know S. King's book, Pere Callahan was priest, who failed his faith and was marked by an vampire bite. Re-born in Dark Tower series, Pere Callahan tries to find his own way to God. So I decided, to leave this collar so bright and untouched. It's fully covering his neck and demonstrating his recovered faith, so it fits my intention perfectly (even if this mini was not designed for Dark Tower story and Callahan character).
Last edited by Le6n on 17 Feb 2009, o 11:31, edited 1 time in total.
Le6n

Post by Le6n »

My last finished work up-to-date and first minis in 2009 - PF mini-dio based on idea of two dwarves (smoke and drunk) talking together in dwarvish pub. Scratchbuilded from styrodur (insulation foam), paper and green stuff - the pub was realy fun to make and I think that dwarves are happy there )

More W.I.P. pictures (complete creation of pub, multi-angled photos of dwarves) can be found on my blog: http://dtsmodelling.blogspot.com/ - it's in slovak lang, but pictures doesn't need any translation

And as always - any comments, ideas or critics are welcome...

CMON
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

Altogether, great stuff!

I especially love the menacing Gorger and the comical aspect you've given it with little guy standing on top.

I think Scibor is quite proud seeing those paintjobs on his sculpts! :)
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

the pub's doors are too small even for dwarfs ;)
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================