zombie showcase

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

zombie showcase

Post by Demi_morgana »

since I FINALLY moved out to new place (oh thank you satan :pray: ) and managed to establish decent photo station I can take pics of models I painted some time ago;
I decided to start with cav stuff (until the last delivery I had fully painted army! :mrgreen: ) so here's the first piece:
the most expensive model I can field - CENTURION:

ImageClick to see full-sized image

hope you like it
Last edited by Demi_morgana on 10 Apr 2009, o 08:40, edited 5 times in total.

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
ToMaZ
Expects too much, too

RE: demi_morgana

Post by ToMaZ »

very typical of your painting style but I don't like the model itself. What scale is it?

What bothers me the most is lack of variation. You can go crazy with battle damage and rust on these things. Plus some metallic would be nice to break up the monotone feel.
And you should gloss the cockpit IMO :)
---ToMaZ---

Try honesty...
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

thanks the the tips!
I decided to paint this one rather untouched by war and combat but I can promise there are also rusted models in my cablot :wink:
as for color choice it is monotone but it's also part of the bigger plan: because I am the one who will create most of new game table, I decided to choose similar colors for terrain features -> my models should camouflage with ease :twisted:
n-scale is 1:160 iirc - human is just a bit over 1cm tall :)
Last edited by Demi_morgana on 28 Dec 2008, o 14:12, edited 1 time in total.

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

And I quite like this one. I wonder how big the model is...

I think it's not that small. But if it is smaller than I think, this may be the reason of not painting the details like shadows outlining the armor plates and making the division lines darker.

I like the camo and like the fact it's not rusty. It's a military vehicle, not a junkyard creation. The cockpit would look better if it was glossy, as ToMaZ said.

What I really don't like is the fact it's too big for its base. Looks bad this way, but I assume it's a necessity if you want to use it for gaming...
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

the model is ~5,5cm high from the base to the missle launchers - it's really big as for cav vehicle;
I will work a bit on shading armor but when I was in the army I saw the true military vehicles aren't painted very "rich" - I was pretty surprised when I saw my apc: 100% medium dark olive, some stripped paint, mud on tracks and black dirt around exhaust system... no fancy camo, no outlined armor plates, no fancy freehands :(

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

of course nobody outlines details in real life. but the miniatures are much smaller so you need to add some depth to them by painting shadows.
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

lance tanks

Post by Demi_morgana »

ok, here's another set of junk - 2 LANCE TANKS;
these are pretty small so I took "pair-shots" but I think that's the reason front tank turned out a bit blurry :?
anyway they are here: low, easy to hide, worty 218pts each and armed with decent cannon! :army:
I know the bases don't fit the models but we decided to base every cav model on the field - that rules out any measuring doubts which might appear :roll:

ImageClick to see full-sized image

when I was painitng these I had only 2 tanks but now I am happy owner of 6 veicles so I'm considering adding some numbers / markings on the armor
Last edited by Demi_morgana on 1 Jan 2009, o 17:28, edited 1 time in total.

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

RE: lance tanks

Post by Nameless »

really dig those machines, they look quite realistic.
don't listen to ToMaZ, that amount of battle damages is ok :) Cockpit could indeed be glossy though. Also, check reaper or battletech forums for cockpit painting guides, I've seen some great cockpits on otherwise poor paintjobs :)
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Re: RE: lance tanks

Post by Demi_morgana »

Nameless wrote:Also, check reaper or battletech forums for cockpit painting guides
:shock:
I'M BEGING FOR THE LINK MY MASTER! :pray:

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

RE: Re: RE: lance tanks

Post by Nameless »

no link, sorry. just search forums or ask somebody there :)
one more thing - I;m not sure about markings. remember about the scale, you'd have to paint them really small.
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================