zombie showcase

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

RE: Train Man

Post by mahon »

I am glad to see you enjoying painting again. Especially that I was expecting to see this one painted by you for quite some time!

It's a fine paintjob, but just a bit too dirty for me. The rust dominated the paintjob, and some nice details like the rivets on his belly were lost in it.
But all in all it's a nice paintjob. I just don't think I like the ivory tusks/tentacles coming from below.
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

RE: Train Man

Post by arctica »

I like this paint job, its well done. I agree with the points Mahon has made, possibly give the tentacles a transition of colours to give it a bit more of a monster-sickly look, also im not sure about the colour either as it kinda blends with the base a bit, but hey maybe that was the point? lol. One thing you might want to try is to find some PVA glue and air it out a little then apply it to the top of the tentacle to create droplets of water or something.

With the metals i think adding another couple layers of highlights to pick out the detail may give your model that extra edge. But all in all i really like this one, you gotta enjoy your painting.
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Re: RE: Train Man

Post by Demi_morgana »

thanks guys!
I've been also expecting to see this model painted for a long time, mahon :wink:
after taking pics I can see many details varnished under coat of rust so maybe I'll try to expose them a bit more and maybe use some pigments to make rust thicker here and there :think:

@arctica: I used same color palette for base, tentacles and weathering of the model - I wanted to unite whole piece with colors :)
thanks for the tips - I'll work on it a bit more* and take new pics;
do you think pasting color background is good idea? olive? gray or even black? :think:

*just after I paint 2 goddamn banners waiting on my desk

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Re: RE: Train Man

Post by mahon »

Demi_morgana wrote:*just after I paint 2 goddamn banners waiting on my desk
no access to color printer, huh? ;)
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

RE: Re: RE: Train Man

Post by Demi_morgana »

I've been actually considering it very seriously for some time... :whistle:

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Dragyn

Post by Dragyn »

Come on guys, quit whispering!! ;)
Dragyn

Post by Dragyn »

I like the rust, but I agree that some of the detail is lost especially around the belly area. The tentacles may have been better suited to a more greener or purpleish colour that the sickly pale in contrast with your painting Demi.

I like the pose and overall effect of the painting. You are the rust zombie master!!! :D
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

Overall I feel he's a bit too dark and would like to see some more colour innit but the metallics got Demi written all over it again! :)
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

ramshacklegames tanker

Post by Demi_morgana »

hello,

some time ago I got the opportunity to paint sth from Ramshacklegames... in exchange for their gigantic robo-spider mode so I couldn't refuse :twisted:
besides ramshackle stuff fits well models I collect and my painting preferences so it was another reason to paint sth from new range;
the client wanted it to be realistic and dirty (sth similar to my leman russ tanks) so the painting was just fun :)
you can see pics of "clean" version of tanker here - client liked it but he also asked me if can add some more mud here and there and so I did :D

ImageClick to see full-sized image

I didn't manage to paste any background behind the model because of the shadows the model casts - cutting the model of the white background was pretty tough and the result wasn't looking natural :?

hope you like it

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

RE: ramshacklegames tanker

Post by Nameless »

so cool :)
IIRC, you made it of parts of different models, right?
I like the paintjob. I liked it better with smaller amount of mud on it, but I can understand customer's expectations.
Colour of the tank could differ from the truck.
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================