CONFRONTATION Phoenix Edition

New miniatures were released? Spread the news!
Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

CONFRONTATION Phoenix Edition

Post by Corvus »

Separate topic, feel free to merge with existing Confrontation or Legacy Miniatures topic...

If this will mean affordable, metal miniatures, then this is some great news!
But I'm much more careful after the Legacy Miniatures debacle...

Sources:
http://underthemountain.wordpress.com/2 ... x-edition/
http://www.dragonpainting.net/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3055

ImageClick to see full-sized image
Confrontation is coming back. The announcement was made at the Game Manufacturers Association‘s (GAMA) trade show, currently being held in Las Vegas. The game and all associated products will be licensed by Cyanide Studio, produced by Legacy Miniatures (a division of Dust Studio), and distributed by Cool Mini or Not.

Some of the most informative tidbits on this incarnation of Confrontation were in a QA with David Preti of Dust/Legacy posted by Almanro on the DragonPainting forum. I’ve posted this below (with some edits):

Q: Is it a new edition of the C3 manual with the integration of the C3.5 rules?
A: It starts from version 3 and 3.5 with a complete review and refresh

Q: Are there changes (improvements) to C3.5 rules, or will they remain the same as we know?
A: I think there will be changes

Q: If the previous is “yes”, is there the opportunity to propose changes or the project is already closed and tested?
A: The project is not closed and is being tested

Q: Is a print hard copy version planned or only the pdf will be offered on-line? If a hard copy version is planned, which will be the languages?
A: A hard copy of the manual will be available in English and French.

Q: Do you think to re-release all the Confrontation miniature range?
A: No. Of course the miniatures that are too old won’t be re-released

Q: Will there be new miniatures no longer in “limited edition”?
A: There will certain be new miniatures, but not immediately. Be patient!

Q: Will be the cards modified to improve the game dynamics?
A: Yes

Q: What is the expected timing?
A: At Gama previews will be shown of what you will see from now to 6-9 months

Q: Metal or plastic or resin?
A: Resin and Metal

Q: Possible costs?
A: In line with other miniature games (certainly not Legacy prices! Which will remain for the moment for the next few waves)

Q: Is there the possibility to create an official tournament circuit supported by the brand?
A: Yes
endrem

Re: CONFRONTATION Phoenix Edition

Post by endrem »

Definitely an interesting piece of rumor, I do hope it comes real.
I don't mind the figures, I have more than enough :)
p1per

Post by p1per »

AWESOME. I love the Confrontation figures and they are basically the reason why I got into this hobby. So bringing them back to live with a decent quality would be the most awesome thing ever.
Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

Post by Corvus »

p1per wrote:AWESOME. I love the Confrontation figures and they are basically the reason why I got into this hobby. So bringing them back to live with a decent quality would be the most awesome thing ever.
Same here. They're the reason why I started to put more time into painting miniatures.
endrem

Post by endrem »

I love them, too, that's why I have so many :)

I think though, that they're gonna need to create a kick ass game to compete with all the other skirmish type games out there. There are also other very good minis out there now, the impact won't be as big as it was back then when Rackham came out with Confrontation. The only real competitor that time was GW. Now it's different, the market is full of other great games.
Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

Post by Corvus »

It's still very quiet on this subject. No official word about the game on Gen Con, only these rumors (source: CMON forums):
It looks like they have some rules in place as they were demoing the new system/cards. It will be a skirmish game using square bases. Guys at the table said the website should be going active any day now and while they wouldn't confirm it, it was heavily suggested that based on coolmini's success with kickstarters that it would likely see such a launch. No word on metal v. plastic. Starting armies appear to be Griffen and Wolfen. Wolfen models are definitely more expensive with the new rules for balance purposes. To my knowledge there were no official announcements at the con however.
Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

Post by Corvus »

Looks like playtesting is reaching its final stage. From the Blackball Games facebook page:
We have had an overwhelming response from Confrontation fans worldwide and now have dozens of groups signed up to test Phoenix. Due to the number of responses, we can no longer accept any additional groups. Thanks to everyone for their interest! We'll be keeping everyone up to date with how the playtest proceeds.
MiSiU

Post by MiSiU »

Do not underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers...
Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

Post by Corvus »

This is one of those silly Kickstarter projects where they abuse the platform to do some hyped-up pre-ordering of products. I mean this product is finished, the goal is ridiculous: 5000 USD, so they have plenty of room for stretch goals which are also already developed and will be in the set whatsoever.
MiSiU

Post by MiSiU »

I totaly agree. Still it's a board game with reasonable price and cool background.
Do not underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers...