Games Workshop

New miniatures were released? Spread the news!
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Re: Games Workshop

Post by arctica »

I like the fly drones but without the riders, that's when they become silly. But i still think warriors of chaos are much better than the selection of demons.
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

arctica wrote:But i still think warriors of chaos are much better than the selection of demons.
personally I prefer both general idea and look of demons army, so that would be my choice for a wfb army :)
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

GW has also released a book for air based campaigns, called Death from the Skies. Nothing special, but one thing is interesting:
Death from the Skies brings the white-knuckle intensity of aerial combat in the 41st Millennium to your tabletop, featuring selected material from White Dwarf magazine, the Crusade of Fire supplement and exclusive new content. Exclusively available from games-workshop.com, this 72-page, full colour softback compendium book is crammed with background information, gaming ideas and hobby inspiration to help you bring the battle for air superiority to life.
So GW is turning back on local stores (even more some would say), not giving them the right to sell all new releases! It is obvious that those sell best... So some shops got pissed and are going to ban those new rules :lol:
We're not only banning the book from use in our events, but we're taking a break from our "live and let live" approach and actively encouraging Games Workshop players to jump the fence and join us playing Warmachine and Hordes. Warmachine is on fire at our store, with sales up 230% last year and staff actively playing during our Wednesday and Sunday events.
or even better, those shops will convince people to stop playing GW games 8)
Trade in your current edition Warhammer 40K or Warhammer Fantasy rulebook and you take 40% off a starter box or rulebook for Warmachine or Hordes. We've done this with role-playing before, notably D&D and Pathfinder, so we know there are likely a bunch of rulebooks gathering dust and the need for excuses to start a new game. Let this be your excuse.
more here:
http://natfka.blogspot.de/2013/02/direc ... ilers.html
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
gimiak

Post by gimiak »

For me both releases - Dimons and warriors are boring. WHFB has move from Lego System to Lego Duplo level. From the different aproach - nice toys for kids. From the WoC release the only one figure which catch my attention is Throgg, but looking at the price I'm very not interessted.
Kramik z różnościami Gimiaka... czyli mrocznyraj.pl.
Slawol
Perpetuum Mobile
Perpetuum Mobile

Post by Slawol »

Yep, nothing special for me again...
Pozdrawiam/Best regards
Sławomir Borysowski

Let’s put a smile on that face!
NAVARRO
Mr. Bug-Man

Post by NAVARRO »

Damn, they totally failed to deliver on the flies... Plain amateur design.
I read a rumor that happy meals would carry GW models in a near future... rebranded to fail meals :dance:
przemo

Post by przemo »

Haha :lol:
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

I would call it typical GW release. Nothing special and fits the already done sculpts.
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
Dakan

Post by Dakan »

Why they release so much of chaos in last time? There aren't any other armies?