Lightning at desk

What good is a nice miniature if you don't know how to show it?
Szary

Lightning at desk

Post by Szary »

Hi!

I`m about changing my desk lamps. Right now I have two lamps from IKEA and each one has Philips 60W bulb imitating daylight. But its hard to get those kind of bulbs, beside that they are not energy saving and get very hot quickly. I heard that fluoresent tubes are much better for giving light close to daylight.

For now I`m considering buying this one:
[rimg]http://1800wheelchair.co.uk/siteimages/large/D30350.jpg[/rimg]

Does any one tried this one? Or have any experience with similar type of equipment?
Szary

Marta

Re: Lightning at desk

Post by Marta »

I got something like this, with daylight bulb
ImageClick to see full-sized image
ImageClick to see full-sized image
And I'm really happy with the quality of light. But the construction of lamp itself is not so great (that's my third one in two years;p). But this one on your picture looks pretty good (I'm guessing the bulbs are similar like in mine).
Where can one buy such lamp?

cheers
m.
Impossible is Nothing!!
Twisted Brushes
umpa

Post by umpa »

Try here :)
http://www.kanlux.pl/2,1,3,produkty.html
Change the pages' language if You please :)
Szary

Post by Szary »

Thanks Marta and umpa.
@Marta - its the lamp from the same producer I guess. Are you satisfied with the light it gaves?

@umpa - the huge difference in price makes me wondering - if this lamp you recommend (Heron from Kanlux) really gives daylight? Or this one from Daylight company is hudely overpriced?
Szary

umpa

Post by umpa »

Well as far as I know it depends on the bulb You put in. Don't know how much difference it makes and so how much, depends on the deflector used in those lamps. Hereon is a rather cheap product made of metal and plastic, got two of those, with those bulbs http://www.hurtownia.win.pl/product_inf ... ts_id=2605 and it's ok with me. The bulbs I have, got 11W and 4000K and as I saw the lamp from Daylight comes with two 15W 6500K and these are better. That lamp from Daylight also looks to be made of better materials but I don't know if it's really worth paying so much money as You may buy the Haron which is much cheaper and replace the supplied bulb with a G23 6500K DayLight bulb. I think it's doable but I'm not 100% sure. Nevertheless 100 quid is quite much I think.
Last edited by umpa on 24 Oct 2010, o 01:55, edited 1 time in total.
Marta

Post by Marta »

I'm quite happy with the temperature of light i got.
My lamp is some no name from ebay i think, but like Umpa said: it's the bulb that counts;]

cheers
m.
Impossible is Nothing!!
Twisted Brushes
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

I use one similar to Marta's but from Ikea and that works fine for me, although when it's warming up a little there is a slight hum. Generally speaking it's a good design and does the job for me.
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

we have something similar. it's not getting very hot, but may be a bit warm. maybe also hums a bit but very silently...
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Cyberpaddy66

Post by Cyberpaddy66 »

We've got one like Marta but we really need another two so we have a light either side of us to help get rid of the shadows while we work on our hobbies.
Getting back into the thick (or rather thin as in thinning my paints) of it, not picked up a brush in some time so this may hurt a bit until I get used to the feel of them again :doh:
Barton

Post by Barton »

In the US I use full spectrum lights from Ott. No hum, cool to touch. But pricey, not sure you can get them in the EU.
Barton Stano
GameMaster of Pulp RPG using Hero System
Rat Rancher (rat ranching had better be fun, it sure ain't profitable)
learning to paint and sculpt
Lombard, IL USA