Orc Warboss on Rhinox

How to convert or sculpt a miniature? How to make a decent base or even a full diorama?!
Koshal

Orc Warboss on Rhinox

Post by Koshal »

Hi everyone,

It's my first pic here.
I want to show You my sculpture and ask for some criticism and review.
Mini made for WFB, so in ~28 mm scale but Warboss is Ogre size (about 50mm).

ImageClick to see full-sized image
Last edited by Koshal on 28 May 2010, o 12:30, edited 1 time in total.
przemo

Re: Orc Warboss on Rhinox

Post by przemo »

Nice, but not perfect :)

It looks like there are no sharp edges. Anatomy of the rhinox is also quite strange, whereas orc's proportions looks fine.

I can't see everything I would like to becouse of photos. Maybe it would be better to post photos of green (before priming)?

I like this orc :D
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

I like the concept and the general shape, but it looks like a WIP. you know, like a sketch compared to the final painting on canvas.
you showed us where you want to place things, what's going to be positioned in which way, but the definition of shapes is pretty rough and not sharp enough.

I mean I wouldn't like to have to paint it, but would like to see it painted. I prefer models where the sculptor does more to prepare the model for easy painting.
You are going to add details and tweak the precisio and quality now, aren't you?
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Koshal

Post by Koshal »

mahon wrote:You are going to add details and tweak the precisio and quality now, aren't you?
I'd like to but it's already out, so it's just imposible.

Yup, I see there's a sharpness problem, espacialy at head armour I think.
It was realy hard to make nice pics of green, cause it was violet when it was 'green' ;).
Maybe You're right Przemo or maybe have to improve taking photo process.