Circus troupe: Ogre – WIP #1

Starting the new year with several photos of something I have been working on in 2015: A fire-blowing ogre for the circus troupe I am painting:

Circus Troupe: Ogre - WIP
Circus Troupe: Ogre – WIP

And some more photos can be seen here:

Undead special troops

Hi everyone,

one of the biggest motivation factors for me is the possibility to play with miniatures. If a painted unit should take place in a campaign – that is even better!

Together with a friend we are playing Games Workshop’s Sigmar’s Blood campaign. For the third battle I needed some special forces :)

Games Workshop Vampire Counts Hexwraiths
Games Workshop Vampire Counts Hexwraiths
Games Workshop Vampire Counts Hexwraiths
Games Workshop Vampire Counts Hexwraiths
Games Workshop Vampire Counts Hexwraith
Games Workshop Vampire Counts Hexwraith hero
Games Workshop Vampire Counts Hexwraith
Games Workshop Vampire Counts Hexwraith hero
Games Workshop Vampire Counts Mortis Engine
Games Workshop Vampire Counts Mortis Engine

Some impressions from the units on the battlefield:

Sigmar's blood campaign
Sigmar’s blood campaign
Sigmar's blood campaign
Sigmar’s blood campaign

If there is anyone interested in reading more about the campaign, just write a comment under the article. I’ll write something next time :)

——————

regards,

sea.man

Emperor’s Children squad hails Slaanesh!

Do you remember the Emperor’s Children chaos space marines that I have been showing in various WIP phases for the last few weeks in various places, like my facebook page, Chest of Colors fanpage, or my Instagram stream?

Now they’re done!

Emperor's Children, Chaos Space Marines of Slaanesh
Emperor’s Children, Chaos Space Marines of Slaanesh

Though I must say I am very happy with the results, the road to this point was quite long and bumpy. Still, I am glad I finally made it! :)

Emperor's Children - working on bases
Emperor’s Children – working on bases

As you surely know, I tend to think about my models a bit in a storytelling way. There are no random poses, every model I am building is representing something – a situation, a state of mind, an image I’ve seen… So while building this squad I had some interpretations for every model forming in my mind.

#warhammer40k – Ready to paint :-) will be purple.

A photo posted by Anna Machowska (@ana_painting) on

Maybe you remember that I initially planned to paint the unit in metallic variant of its color scheme, which unfortunately didn’t work as well as I expected, so I needed to start over and try some alternatives as far as concepts and color schemes go.

Emperor's Children - early concept version
Emperor’s Children – early concept version

But finally I have something that both I and their new owner are happy with. 😀

#slaanesh #warhammer40k #army #wip #ańa

A photo posted by Anna Machowska (@ana_painting) on

#ańa #ana_painting #slaanesh #warhammer40k #warhammer #wip #painting

A photo posted by Anna Machowska (@ana_painting) on

Decisions… decisions… decisions – choosing style for Emperor’s Children

There were quite a few conceptual debates and choices, but with two defining guidelines I knew I would use freehand paintings similar to those used on my Decimator Engine, that can be seen in my gallery of Warhammer 40.000 models. Of course these would have to be smaller and more subtle, but this tip was enough of inspiration to make me know in which direction to go.

Emperor's Children - almost done
Emperor’s Children – almost done

The other suggestion was to use the sticky slime/gore/goo/blood technique that I used on my Contemptor Dreadnought. The technique is based on what CUKIERas showed in his tutorial about creating sticky blood effect, but I use it also for things other than blood. At this point I didn’t know what it was going to be, but I was nearly sure it wouldn’t be blood. We’re talking sci-fi here after all, so we can use various alien or demonic substances of various colors.

#glue #uhu #warhammer40k #warhammer #ana_painting #ańa #slaanesh

A photo posted by Anna Machowska (@ana_painting) on

After adding the slime it was all about testing a few color options and interpretations, and finally I chose to go for white, spiderweb-like substance. Now they’re fighting their way through a dangerous alien or demonic world, which is not a hospitable place even without its inhabitants.

I have some individual photos of the models, so I hope to share them with you pretty soon, but in the meantime let me return to working on a group of Daemonettes of Slaanesh… 😉

I hope you liked the results of my works.
Thanks for your attention. :)