Flagoon's finished works

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
flagoon

Flagoon's finished works

Post by flagoon »

Hi, so here it is. My first (well second) finished mini. I usually don't finish my miniatures, because I don't like to do bases. I'm crappy with that, because I made them so few, and I made them so few, because I'm crappy like this. Anyway here's the mini. As always I know I can/should do better. Please comment. I like it rough :)

ImageClick to see full-sized image
Bigger photo

Bigger photo
Cyberpaddy66

Re: Flagoon's finished works

Post by Cyberpaddy66 »

He looks like Magneto and Ironman's love child :lol:

I think yout armour could use a bit of blacklining especially the knee plates and I spotted a mould line on the hand holding the axe but other than that I'd ver very happy if my painting turned out like this :D
Getting back into the thick (or rather thin as in thinning my paints) of it, not picked up a brush in some time so this may hurt a bit until I get used to the feel of them again :doh:
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

pretty good smoothness, pretty good contrast... very nice for a 2nd finished mini :)
colour scheme is not working for me, some final highlights would be welcome, darklining and highlights on edges of different elements too, all elements hanging on his belt are painted with the same colour (are they all made of the same material?), base is definitely below the standard set by your paintjob.

keep up the good work!
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

I think you did really well withthis one, especially with the red metal glove. I agree wit Srit's and Phil's comments, blacklining could do here really good.
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
flagoon

Post by flagoon »

Thanks for good words, guys. All advices will be remembered and put in try in next miniatures.
Nameless wrote:pretty good smoothness, pretty good contrast... very nice for a 2nd finished mini :)
I just hope more of my minis will receive "finished" status in the future. If only bases won't be needed for that :)
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

no no, finish minis and make bases for them! practice makes the master, remember?
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

guess which is my favorite part?
if you said: the glove, you were right :clap:
other elements would benefit from similar contrasts...

good job, much much better than any of your previous minis that I can recall. the weakest part is the base, which seems big but unimaginative...
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
ScottRadom

Post by ScottRadom »

Yep that glove is sweet. For me I think it's too many colours in the scheme. I love the red and I think the red and the green (minus the purple) would've given you an even stronger mini. I also don't personally like the deep brown for shading the flesh but that's just a personal thing. Nice stuff, keep putting those bases together!
Marta

Post by Marta »

I agree with Scott, there is a bit too many colours, but still really nice work. The glove and boots are definitely eyecathing.

cheers
m
Impossible is Nothing!!
Twisted Brushes
flagoon

Post by flagoon »

Here's my latest mini. I promised myslef that this is my last GW mini. Really hate to paint them. Any comments will be welcomed. Photo by Pandur.