Apologies for my absence...

All the stuff which didn't fit anywhere else
Cyberpaddy66

Apologies for my absence...

Post by Cyberpaddy66 »

I've been a bit lax of late with all my usual forums and am only now getting back to the stage of re-doing all of my bookmarks, just to keep you all informed of what's been going on I thought I should pop back in here and do a quick update for you all.

We have moved...

We packed up everything we had in London and stuck it all (well only half actually but that's another story!) on the vans and brought the whole shebang with us to St.Just in Cornwall, we've been here about 6 months and I'm still trying to find stuff I'm sure I packed in a particular box only to find it under something else in a different box :banghead: As a result of moving I haven't painted a single thing and am now feeling the strain of life again so I plan on taking up the brush in an attempt to calm my fevered brain once more, well that's my intentions but wether or not I actually do something this side of X-mas remains to be seen :lol:

If I've missed anything important please let me know otherwise I hope to be on here at least once a week to katch up with you all.
Getting back into the thick (or rather thin as in thinning my paints) of it, not picked up a brush in some time so this may hurt a bit until I get used to the feel of them again :doh:
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Re: Apologies for my absence...

Post by mahon »

Sure you missed a lot! But only as far as miniatures go, nothing crucial to your life.... probably. Some regulars becoming irregulars, some disappearing, many new faces joining our community...

Congrats on your move! Moved because of work? Or just to improve the quality of your living? Or because there were no good miniature stores in London? ;P

Glad to see you here again!
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

no worries mate - I also spend less time here that I used to: sometimes life is just merciless for the hobby :wink:

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Slawol
Perpetuum Mobile
Perpetuum Mobile

Post by Slawol »

Hey, welcome back! And don't worry :)
Pozdrawiam/Best regards
Sławomir Borysowski

Let’s put a smile on that face!
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

Welcome back mate :D Cornwall is much nicer than London.
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

hi there CP66!
never been to cornwall, I'm sure it will be a great place to live though :) visit us more frequently!
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Pandadosmares »

Welcome back
Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

Post by Corvus »

Cyberpaddy66 wrote:we've been here about 6 months and I'm still trying to find stuff I'm sure I packed in a particular box only to find it under something else in a different box :banghead:
When we moved a couple of weeks ago, my girlfriend did a great job giving every box a code and a number. For example L was living room, K kitchen, etc. Then she made a list of all boxes and what they contained.

Of course I was in charge of loading my painting stuff in seperate boxes, so I know exactly where I put them :)

Well 6 months is definitely long... have you already unpacked your painting stuff? Do you have a dedicated desk or rather a temporary painting station?
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

wow, your girlfriend must be even better organized than you :lolsign:
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Cyberpaddy66

Post by Cyberpaddy66 »

mahon wrote:Congrats on your move! Moved because of work? Or just to improve the quality of your living?
Definitely quality of living, I'm not sure if I actually told you guys what happened but I almost died from a lung problem, it turns out I'm allergic to exotic birds (the Mrs had Cockatiels) and Pidgeons and there's so many of them in London it's hard to avoid them... just hope I'm not allergic to Sea Gulls :lol:

I have to say though since getting rid of the birds and moving to Cornwall my lungs are now almost back to full working order so just my back to fix and I can go back to work :D
arctica wrote:Welcome back mate :D Cornwall is much nicer than London.
It's a totally different world mate, I'm never going back!

I found out the other day that London is only 1,572 Km2 but houses over 7.5 million people whereas Cornwall is 3,563 km2 but only houses about 1/2 million people :dance:
Nameless wrote:hi there CP66!
never been to cornwall, I'm sure it will be a great place to live though :) visit us more frequently!
If you get the chance come on down and have a break, there's so much sea and rugged coastline to explore I feel the need to get a boat :lol:
Corvus wrote:Well 6 months is definitely long... have you already unpacked your painting stuff? Do you have a dedicated desk or rather a temporary painting station?
We had the aditional problem of having to move half of our stuff ourselves as the company we paid to do the removals for us only did half a job and then wanted more money to complete it, I'm hoping to fire a legal rocket right up their backsides soon!

We don't have much room in the cottage so until we get the stuff sorted out fully and un-packed we can't even begin to get the workshop set up yet and that's going to be mainly for Jewellery making but I intend to have a dedicated Photo Area set up (for Jewellery and Mini's) and I should be able to use the work space for both Mini painting and crafting Jewwelery :D I did actually get my mini painting tool-box unpacked fairly early on but I had no where to do the actual painting :banghead:

We now have a pair of PC tables in our bedroom for the computers so I'm going to get back into the painting game on that for now, I'll just move the Keyboard out of the way to allow me more room to work. Fingers crossed I actually do get some time to do some painting what with all the unpacking we still have to so, the work room to sort out and the fishing for our dinner :angel:

Just to annoy all of you here's the view from our kitchen window...

ImageClick to see full-sized image

And the house we moved into is the one in the middle...

ImageClick to see full-sized image

I can honestly say I feel like my life has only just begun :lol:
Getting back into the thick (or rather thin as in thinning my paints) of it, not picked up a brush in some time so this may hurt a bit until I get used to the feel of them again :doh: