Raging Heroes

New miniatures were released? Spread the news!
fullheadofhair

Re: Raging Heroes

Post by fullheadofhair »

I am sorry but aren't those proportions way off or is just the photo? The thigh, hip, waist and shoulder ratio just look wrong. Since when do women's unsupported breasts point upwards other that a skin flick? If this is someone hardened by war etc wouldn't there be some element of muscle definition in those legs.

That is a poor representation of a woman's body IMHO.
Currently painting 15mm's with an extremely large brush - one step away from dipping them in the pot.
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

fullheadofhair wrote:...That is a poor representation of a woman's body IMHO.
This is fantasy, doesn't have to be real or be close to reality
fullheadofhair

Post by fullheadofhair »

Hellspawn wrote:
fullheadofhair wrote:...That is a poor representation of a woman's body IMHO.
This is fantasy, doesn't have to be real or be close to reality
That is a cop out for poor sculpting and/ or poor research IMHO. Fantasy and not being real is one thing - proportions and basic mechanics are another. Those hips/ thigh/ waist ratio are not feasible from a basic mechanical point of view. That model just looks like it would have a hard time walking let alone back flipping and slitting some-ones throat. Hence my comment about a poor representation of a woman.

The model, even in a fantasy environment, still needs to look as if it can do what it is threatening to do – even just a small amount. She looks more like some woman playing dress up or attending a ‘Con fancy dress competition rather than some-one responsible for the death of many people in hand to hand combat.

And breasts repulsed by gravity ... come on, that isn’t fantasy - that is just silly.
Currently painting 15mm's with an extremely large brush - one step away from dipping them in the pot.
Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

Post by Corvus »

Except for the classic GW poses, I quite like that figure.
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

Blood Vestals now on Preorder

ImageClick to see full-sized image
We are proud to announce that our 10 Blood Vestals are now available for pre-order!

Limited Introductory Offer
Don't miss out on our special low launch price reserved for the first 100 Blood Vestals boxes and the first 25 Command Group boxes.

The Command Group box contains 1 Heroine, 1 Musician and 1 Standard Bearer as well as 2 additional Warriors.

The Blood Vestals box contains 5 more different Warriors.

Together, the Blood Vestals + Command Group total up 10 different characters.
They are 28mm scale and an excellent fit with most major Fantasy games.
Each Blood Vestal is a one-part metal cast.
Thank you for your feedback!
We not only worked non-stop this entire week to finalize our Blood Vestals and have them available for pre-order this weekend, but we also spent much time reading all your comments on our blog and on other forums, and have taken them to heart. Several topics were recurrent, so we've specifically addressed them below.

Proportions and scale
After your massive feedback asking for 28-30mm scale minis, we have scaled our Vestals accordingly.
Many were also concerned about proportions and the head size, and we worked hard on this as well to get the best possible balance between true scale and heroic proportions so that the minis can make a good fit with the minis you already own, and we are pretty happy with what we've achieved on this.

We feel they will now fit extremely well with the industry's Fantasy games.

Variety
Based on some of your comments, we have carefully selected which Vestals would go into the command Group, and which would be in the Troops box.

We chose the more dynamic poses for the Troops.
You'll also notice that several of the characters in the Troops box have their arms and weapons away from their body. This gives you the option of slightly bending them or even replace weapons to create new poses.
And three of the five Vestals have a pose that is more of a profile view. This allows you to have them looking to the right, the left, or straight ahead, depending how you position them on their base.

As for the two soldiers in the Command Group, they have more hieratic, still poses that we felt worked well to add charisma to the Command Group.

Uncovered breasts
We were completely taken by surprise by the strong reactions this topic generated, particularly since major industry players have always and continue to produce bare-chested ladies (such as GW harpies played in Dark Elf armies).

Nevertheless, we studied several options to try and keep everyone happy. The only option that could have worked for us was to produce optional armoured caps to glue on the breasts, but then, we realized that they would have been about 1,5mm wide and pretty much unworkable. A tiny bit of greenstuff will do a much better job.

Science-Fiction
It is now certain that we will produce a science-fiction version of this unit. We will soon post an online questionnaire on our blog to get a more precise feedback in terms of equipment and accessories for them.
If you wish to know more about this, sign up for our newsletter, friend us on Facebook (Asharah Raging), or join our Facebook fan page.
p1per

Post by p1per »

NICE - I really like 'em guess I will have to order them sometime.
Trovarion

Post by Trovarion »

i really like those...actually i dont think i have liked anything as much as these in the last months, mini wise...tho they look like cgi sculpts and not yet printed in plastic, so would have to see that first to make a final judgement.

and lol at prudish "omg boobs" critics...
Ariakas

Post by Ariakas »

They are indeed 3d sculpts.
I'll most likely order them soon ( just waiting on the sci-fi ones too, to get them all in one order). I'll try and make a review once i get them.
Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

Post by Corvus »

I like them as well but a review would be nice before buying :)
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

fresh idea or not, but the models (renders) look pretty cool to me
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector