Raging Heroes

New miniatures were released? Spread the news!
Barton

Re: Raging Heroes news

Post by Barton »

I think they are terrible, but that is me. I do not like the style or the subject.
If someone buys them please post what the quality is like, since CADCAM was used I am curious how good of a job they did vs. hand sculpted.
My prediction (and it is a guess) is that from distance look good but up close it may leave something to be desired.
Barton Stano
GameMaster of Pulp RPG using Hero System
Rat Rancher (rat ranching had better be fun, it sure ain't profitable)
learning to paint and sculpt
Lombard, IL USA
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
tremanor

Post by tremanor »

:|

Medium aside, I just don't really liek this one. I think it is a little too far over the top. But that is just me. I am sure there are people out there who will love it.
Bohun

Post by Bohun »

Yeah, the same here. Much over the top and somewhat discouraging to paint for me. But I like the vampire/dark elf chick and it looks really good in resin too.
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

I could find use for these wings...
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

I like it very much, the wings could be a bit smaller and not so massive.
--- EDIT---
Vampire Lord
Yes, the vampire lord is a more massive model. We wanted to have a mini that stands as a legendary character and towers above its own army.

We will post renders with the bat head this week. From what we’ve seen so far, the sculpt with the bat head looks really awesome.

We are also finishing the Dark Elf version. We understand the concerns about the “bulkiness” of this version. The Dark Elf version was requested on several forums, and so we’ve adapted the mini to oblige. In fact, the Dark Elf will have a completely different set of shoulder armour that will make him look less massive.

We are still pondering how we will offer the various options of this kit because currently, there are three heads, three weapons, and two sets of wings in the pipeline! We think that offering two sets of wings in the same package might raise costs, but we’re seeing if we can avoid that with our suppliers.

Concerning the size of the model, the 28mm will actually be about 30mm (from eyes to heels), but that’s taking into account the fact that he is slightly leaning forward. If he were standing up straight, he would be closer to 32-33 mm. The total height with wings will be about 14cm.
Double that for the 54mm version.
so there is a chance :-)
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

Well im not sure of the actual quality but looks like they have started to release the models now. They have some pictures of the models themselves.

ImageClick to see full-sized image

Somehow this one reminds me alot of the warzone: brotherhood models.
NAVARRO
Mr. Bug-Man

Post by NAVARRO »

Not half as crisp as the renders... Im on this with Tre... its cheesy to lure people with sharp renders and then provide this.

No matter how crisp the sculpts were the actual poses and concepts are BAD! Wich shows me again that its not the tools that makes the artist.
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

Agreed 100%!
tremanor

Post by tremanor »

Apparently they have done quite well for them. They reportedly have sold out of the first 500 copies! Wow!

I guess the real test will be if their next releases do as well.