Re: III Chest of Colors Mini Exchange

Post by Skrit »

Is everything shipped/received by now?
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

I don't really know, but as my recipient (Alec Kumbier) doesn't seem to have emailed Nameless about reception of the miniature, I got Nameless' permission to post the pics anyway.

ImageClick to see full-sized image

Another of my long-suffering projects. The red space marine (just in time for the blood angels ;) ) - thanks to the feedback I received I applied some changes and finished the miniature just before the deadline.
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

Skrit wrote:Is everything shipped/received by now?
no. two participants have not sent painted minis.
Alec Kumbier is not replying to my e-mails and PMs at all. He most probably received a mini from Mahon, and his recipient (tomo) received a mini from me.
Arutha explained his house got flooded during recent floods in the US and said he won't be able to paint a mini. We agreed that he would sent unpainted mini to the replacement painter. I received his written confirmation of shipping on February, 12. No further messages from him. This replacement painter (will keep his identity secret for now) did not receive anything, so I don't know if Arutha actually sent it. I also don't know if he got mini from czlowiek.morze. I suppose he did, c.m sent it long time ago.

My apologies to Draconmagis, as he has not received anything yet. Brendon, I confirm again you are going to get something, sooner or later.

As for the smaller exchange made for "new" members. 1 participant told me he won't paint anything (after the deadline) - Moshiingpotatoe. I was able to shift painter/recipient pairs so that the remaining 3 sent minis between them only. of those 3, 2 painters (sgr, gmurie) sent their minis. Tahrikmili announced he would be delayed. After this I didn't recieve any further message from him.
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

nice to see it done! :D
that's the one you've been painting during our summer meeting correct? :) apart from the vampire of course

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

Oh, I don't remember painting it on the summer meeting. But maybe I was really painting it?
-- Mahoń

Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

damn, so maybe I saw it earlier? :shock:

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

That's VERY VERY likely... Took me so long to finish it...
It started as the "raspberry marine", remember? ;)
-- Mahoń

Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
pae

Post by pae »

Nameless wrote:
Skrit wrote:Is everything shipped/received by now?
no. two participants have not sent painted minis.
Alec Kumbier is not replying to my e-mails and PMs at all. He most probably received a mini from Mahon, and his recipient (tomo) received a mini from me.
Arutha explained his house got flooded during recent floods in the US and said he won't be able to paint a mini. We agreed that he would sent unpainted mini to the replacement painter. I received his written confirmation of shipping on February, 12. No further messages from him. This replacement painter (will keep his identity secret for now) did not receive anything, so I don't know if Arutha actually sent it. I also don't know if he got mini from czlowiek.morze. I suppose he did, c.m sent it long time ago.

My apologies to Draconmagis, as he has not received anything yet. Brendon, I confirm again you are going to get something, sooner or later.

As for the smaller exchange made for "new" members. 1 participant told me he won't paint anything (after the deadline) - Moshiingpotatoe. I was able to shift painter/recipient pairs so that the remaining 3 sent minis between them only. of those 3, 2 painters (sgr, gmurie) sent their minis. Tahrikmili announced he would be delayed. After this I didn't recieve any further message from him.
Alas, that seems to be the case with the mini-exchanges I've been involved in. In the only one I ever ran over on the Reaper forums 5 years or so ago, nearly half of the participants never sent anything, and I filled in for the slackers. I think I painted 17 extras. It did give me quite a bit of practice, though.
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

one man army :shock:
well, I don't know who participated in that exchange, from my experience (2 times on reaper forum,3 times here) it looks like problems are caused by new/inactive members, which find it hard to feel as part of a community or perhaps just want a free mini
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================