In the shadow of Dark Tower

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
ResuHellspawN

Re: In the shadow of Dark Tower

Post by ResuHellspawN »

Okay. I understood your secret: somebody helps you to evolve.
That's the thing I'll never have. I'm the best painter (and I'm not so good) of my location! Nobody to learn anything from...
So sad.
Married man with children and no mentor! Argh. I'm cursed! ;)
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

Twin #2 - that is why you are here :D
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
Le6n

Post by Le6n »

RESUHELLSPAWN: Don't worry. My mentor is not near me and we can meet in real life two or three times per year. I'm trying to paint as frequently as possible and learning lots of techniquet - that's my secret.

I think internet is great source of informations (read blogs, see video tutorials) and you can always join painting lessons or meetings of painters (maybe on some contest). Where are you from?
IN THE SHADOW OF DARK TOWER blog - reviews, tips & tricks, free models, photogallery
Le6n

Post by Le6n »

My first SM Terminator. Built from standard SM Terminators sprue with some bitz from Blood Angels Death Company.

If you would like to see full size picture with multiple angled views, or vote for the mini, visit the CMON: http://www.coolminiornot.com/313061 and some W.I.P. pictures can be found on my blog: http://dtsmodelling.blogspot.com/

And as always - any comments, ideas or critics are welcome...

IN THE SHADOW OF DARK TOWER blog - reviews, tips & tricks, free models, photogallery
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

Not super fan of the blue aside from the power fist that is great. Other blue is too dark, not flashy/popping immo. Like the red, not flashy/popping enough while the hand is.
All in all, these are the only things that I like, color scheme doesn't remind me of a blood angel and focus point aren't where they should be imo :( When I look at the mini, I instantly got into the power fist losing interest into everything else :(
Le6n

Post by Le6n »

I'm not surprised, this mini was meant just to try the glowing fist with some OSL effect and painting SM Terminator model. The colour scheme is black/red - that's why is the black part so dark :)
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

Le6n wrote:I'm not surprised, this mini was meant just to try the glowing fist with some OSL effect and painting SM Terminator model. The colour scheme is black/red - that's why is the black part so dark :)
Black/red? Ah...Oki... :doh: Then it's not black enough hehehe, cause even if power fist is blue, I see regal blue even where OSL shouldn't light things up hehe
On a side not, I still love the blue of the power fist :)
Le6n

Post by Le6n »

Small progress on Connor - while not absolutelly sure about his back, been working on Connor's front - gray jacket under armour and leather mag pouches ...

Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

I can see you do really like painting blue :)

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!