Gen Con Indy volunteer call

Golden Demons and all the other miniature painting competitions and events
paintminion

Post by paintminion »

Plane tickets are hard. Not even the Guest of Honor gets a plane ticket. Someone win the lottery soon, okay?
Neolis

Post by Neolis »

LadyEyes wrote:Wow! Scheduling has barely begun and he's already talking smack about me! I see how it is, bucko. :twisted:
Ah I was new and still scared of every one. Now your all my family in a twisted mini sort of way. Besides I never said I didn't like it. :twisted:

I just need to find some way to get Kat more involved this year. She enjoys the nerd festivites I just think she gets easily overwhelmed. Though if I do manage to figure out some way to bring a massage chair or table top unit, I am going to demand payment/tips in painted minis.
If it wasn't for the gutter my mind would be homeless.
"She bears the scarlet letter, her skin as soft as feathers, her demeanor tough as leather."
paintminion

Post by paintminion »

I'll start painting now....
Cyberpaddy66

Post by Cyberpaddy66 »

I so wish I could help out but I can't even afford the bus fair to the airport let alone the hotel room DOH! As for the whipping, my Mrs tells me if it's done right it won't hurt and should bring you off to a nice satisfied feeling at the end of the day ;)

Good Luck finding all the help you need :D
Getting back into the thick (or rather thin as in thinning my paints) of it, not picked up a brush in some time so this may hurt a bit until I get used to the feel of them again :doh:
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

I was only joking about the plane ticket.
My friend has a family in Chicago area, perhaps I'll make some sort of vacation one year, take my family and go to gencon as one of attractions :lol:
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
paintminion

Post by paintminion »

Chicago to Indy is about 4-5 hours depending on traffic...

And di you guys not read about volunteering and getting housing and badge taken care of? And giving classes where you can name your price and get paid?

I know...it's still a high price ticket for travel and food, and you guys are mostly a loooooong way from here. But it would be nice to meet some of you folks someday...

Neolis and LE have no choice. Skya as well. It's our party!
Dragyn

Post by Dragyn »

cr@p! cr@p! CR@P! I will be bouncing back and forth between Omaha, Hickory, and Chicago during the whole month of August for work and the new systems implementations!!

I swear, work gets in the way of possible fun times, now more than ever :evil:

One of these years, before I get old and grey, well at least before I get too old to help and enjoy the show, I am going to get there.
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

Would love to come some day but I'm affraid I have nothing to teach. (miniature wise that is! ;) )