1st Chest of Colors Mini Exchange

Golden Demons and all the other miniature painting competitions and events
Dragyn

Post by Dragyn »

Amazing entries, great time had by all, many demons to our little family of painters, and a fantastic afterGD party definitly makes me wish I could travel and visit everyone there. Congratulations to everyone.

I shall return to the rock I have been hiding under, green with envy. . . ;)

Ooppss, how did I ghet this posted here, this was supposed to go under the Polish GD and AFterparty post. . . *Duho*
Last edited by Dragyn on 8 Dec 2008, o 17:09, edited 1 time in total.
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

Don't Mike, be around more often! :D

Mahon, please do! 8)
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

So here's what I received from Nameless:

ImageClick to see full-sized image

He had a great idea to include two nice touches in this model: the big chest is the CHEST OF COLORS, while the small box is the BOX OF BRUSHES :D

I was lucky enough to get her much earlier, when Nameless visited us during his trip to Golden Demon :)

Thanks a lot, man! I appreciate it and it means a lot to me!

And now what I sent to Skrit:

As far as I know he liked her, so the goal was achieved. But why shouldn't a man like such a girl? :twisted:

Not a stellar job (we've got other painters here for better paintjobs, after all), but I liked the color scheme enough to make parting with her difficult :cry:
Maybe I will paint another one for my own collection one day?

Not a paintjob to go "wow" about, but the thing I am proud about is that I actually managed to paint ANYTHING... which is a very rare accomplishment for me these days :)

No applause needed, just wanted to share :)

Ah, there will probably be no better pics (especially of the yummy other side...) as I had to hurry to meet the deadline and had no time to take good pics :(

But maybe Skrit manages to take some decent photos?
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

Me and decent photos! :lol:

I indeed really like her! The whole mood the fig/paintjob breathes is awesome. In real life she's a bit darker though then you see here which makes even more threathening and menacing lloking!:)
Before holding the fig in my hands I never realised it was so petite making the job done even more impressive! well I've put enough feathers in mahon's ass (sorry , Dutch saying!) for now, hope the rest of the crew show more pictures soon!

@Nameless: I really like the mood you created here and the use of the flowers really gives the model a lot of character and sense of depth! The thought put into it with the chest and box is an extra nice touch! :clap:
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

I got mine stuff - woopieeee!!! :dance:
I'l post more text (and pics) after moving out is finished and I get internet at new place :pray:

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

1. Mahon's mini - nothing to be ashamed of! really nice paintjob. :clap: for finishing your piece :)

2. My mini - story is long, but I'll share it with you :)
Knowing for a long time that I would stay at Mahon's place during gd, I decided to get the chest from Enigma and paint it with CoC colours as a small gift. After that I got Mahon as my recipient, so I developed this idea into what you see on the pics :) Luckily I didn't forget about this model from freebooter range carrying a small box.
Mahon - I'm glad you like it. even if you don't - you still have a limited mini in your collection :lol:

3. Waiting for further pics and comments (not only from participants but all CoC members :)
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

Skrit wrote:In real life she's a bit darker though
Yep. but I had no mini to compare with the pic, and the pics were taken under artificial light, so they are worse than my usual photos... :|
Nameless wrote:Mahon - I'm glad you like it. even if you don't - you still have a limited mini in your collection
Why wouldn't I like her? Nice mini, nice paintjob, excellent idea throughout the model. Thank you a lot!
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

:oops:
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
ToMaZ
Expects too much, too

Post by ToMaZ »

Pics of the mini I got from Demi :)
The postman first didn't want to give it to me, because Demi wrote Tomaz Peckerlord Thijs on the package :D

---ToMaZ---

Try honesty...
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

That looks awesome! :D

The postman! :lol: