forces of evil - display [WIP]

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
NAVARRO
Mr. Bug-Man

Post by NAVARRO »

hummm... so this putrid gobbo of nurgle jsut got fresh clothes? because they are way to clean and neat for a nurgle smelly gobbo :)
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

maybe he just joined norgle's caravan? oooor maybe these are some king of ritual clothes? :think:

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
NAVARRO
Mr. Bug-Man

Post by NAVARRO »

Or (as my bugling can prove and tell you) theres nothing better than fresh diapers to fill :lol:
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

ok, ok - I'll add some mud (for Nav) but won't highlight it motre (for Phil-iac) ^^

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

time for update - this time lesser demon joined to the nurgle's parade;
I wasn't sure what should be repainted until I shot the pics and saw them... :?
I can now clearly see whe dirt on weapon looks terrible, same thing about green color of veretation in the front; what else should be corrected? the glowe and areas around wound surely...
any more remarks? I'll be grateful

ImageClick to see full-sized image

ps. the pic was taken on printed background, maybe I should cut the model off it and use graphic program? or maybe black undercoat? waddaya think? :think:
Last edited by Demi_morgana on 10 Mar 2008, o 22:12, edited 1 time in total.

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

some additional colours in recesses?
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
przemosz.

Post by przemosz. »

I would add glazes of liche purple, midnight blue, hawk turquise,black and white in some spots.What do you think about it?
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

needs shading for sure - mixing paint right away

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

my general remarks are:
- the grass in front of him is distracting. it gets in the way and takes attention from the model itself
- the dirt on the weapon is not obvious enough. it may be the photo, but it is too similar and blends too much. except for the left side of the blade - where the dirl looks awesome (3rd photo)
- I would add some variety to the model - it looks a bit bland and boring, with the exception of a few details. what I mean is that it uses a very limited palette of colors, and something is needed to make it more interesting. as I said above it may be the photo which makes the model blend with the background into one thing, but
- the reddish innards are in no way connected to the greenish flesh. they are clashing somehow, and I think some additional colors are needed on the skin to bind it together with the innards and wounds, and make it more interesting.

I would change the background for sure. Go for black - just like you did with the gobbo.

And the best for last: THE EYE ROCKS!
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

- the grass in front of him is distracting. it gets in the way and takes attention from the model itself
I got the point but I want to make whole display looking like grassy swamp... maybe I overdone it this time? :roll: oh well - I can always give to this foliage new haircut ^^

- the dirt on the weapon is not obvious enough. it may be the photo, but it is too similar and blends too much. except for the left side of the blade - where the dirl looks awesome (3rd photo)
You can blame the photo - in reality it looks better but I started repainting it this morning to make more contrasting

- I would add some variety to the model - it looks a bit bland and boring, with the exception of a few details. what I mean is that it uses a very limited palette of colors, and something is needed to make it more interesting. as I said above it may be the photo which makes the model blend with the background into one thing, but the reddish innards are in no way connected to the greenish flesh. they are clashing somehow, and I think some additional colors are needed on the skin to bind it together with the innards and wounds, and make it more interesting.
yeah, I noticed it after taking pic - it doesn't look so crappy standing in the cablot; I think I'll try darker tones - darker rust on weapon, darker oozes from wounds and of course - darker wounds and flesh around :think:

I would change the background for sure. Go for black - just like you did with the gobbo.~
yessir! :army:

And the best for last: THE EYE ROCKS!
thanks - it's pretty big element so I tried not to screw it too much :wink:

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!