forces of evil - display [WIP]

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

forces of evil - display [WIP]

Post by Demi_morgana »

when I was beginning rpg player onr of the first (if not THE first actually) rpg materials I've seen was wfrp rulebook; there was lots of pic I really fell in love in and have them carved deep in my mind to this day :)
among these pics there were 2 color pages: forces of good aaaaand of course forces of evil... on the first one there were presented sissy races like goodie-goodie elf, goodie-goodie dwarf, goodie-goodie knight and so on - goodie-goodie boooring crap ^^
on the second one there were evil characters (of course there were not evil in reality - it's just result of goodie-goodie propaganda... I bet authors of the book were also goodie-goodie in majority :shifty: )
anyway there were races commonly called not-good... ok - evil :roll: chaos stuff, greenskins, ogre...
some time ago I won some really old chaos champions on internet auction, after that friend of mine gave me remaing os his o&g minis; after that I purchased nurgle palaquin and thought that it would be nice to give these classic models proper bases, and what could be better idea than placing them together?* :D
I decided to make display containing as much old so-called evil models as I can get - should look funny in the end :D
so without more boring babbling here's the first one - originally just rank and file night goblin, but here it's devoted and wicked worshipper of lord of decay :twisted:

pics are of course crappy but I hope ty learn taking better ones 'till the display project's finish

ImageClick to see full-sized image

*ok, I bet there are better idas but I don't wanna hear about that and I'll delete any such ideas from my thread :mrgreen:
Last edited by Demi_morgana on 11 Mar 2008, o 19:44, edited 4 times in total.

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

RE: forces of evil - display

Post by mahon »

I like it a lot. In fact I like gobbos a lot.

This one is nice and - which is even cooler - quite believable. Colors seem to look pretty natural, and the paintjob is good.

The only concern of mine is the photo, which looks a bit washed-out, a bit too pale. Try underexposing it a bit. Maybe by -1/3 or -2/3. Should help to make blacks blacker and the colors more saturated.
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
illusionrip
Sonny Crockett

Post by illusionrip »

i like it a lot
he has the eyesight of nameless...a little bit sadic :mrgreen:
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

thanks guys :)
this gobbo is special for several reasons:
-first of all - it's cultist of nurgle :mrgreen:
-it was painted during the first painting-day in elbląg
-it hasn't been varnished (at least yet); I left it unvarnished so I can re-do it a bit after I paint all models for the display (whenever it happens) and I wanted to keep colors "pure" for the purposes of taking photo

@mahon - I know pic is weak but I'll try to correct it in graphic program and repost - let's all pray to papa-nurgle it works :pray:

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Re: RE: forces of evil - display

Post by Nameless »

mahon wrote:Should help to make blacks blacker
or you could use some of new andrea paints to make black blacker... or less black, if you wish :mrgreen:
illusionrip wrote:he has the eyesight of nameless...a little bit sadic
:lol:
you meant sad or sadistic, btw? ^^
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
przemosz.

Post by przemosz. »

Nice!Me like it!
And as for the photo, I like it much more then your earlier with photoshoped background.This one looks very natural and I like it!
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

updated pic :)
and if anyone of You has a link to the pic from wfrp rulebook I mentioned at the beginning - I'd be grateful for posting :wink:

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

do you mean the first polish edition of wfrp? I still have it, so might look for it for you.
Nameless Painter Blog
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

yes! color page with chaos warrior, goblins etc :D

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

now I remember! yes, I should have it somewhere.
Nameless Painter Blog