Otherworld news

New miniatures were released? Spread the news!
Barton

Re: Otherworld news

Post by Barton »

Like the mule and the ferrets (weasels!)
Barton Stano
GameMaster of Pulp RPG using Hero System
Rat Rancher (rat ranching had better be fun, it sure ain't profitable)
learning to paint and sculpt
Lombard, IL USA
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

I've always liked beholders, these ones are really quite cool :D
Dargrin

Post by Dargrin »

Just wanted to drop this here that I just got in my email. For those of you wishing to buy from these guys, now might be a good time.

Well, it's that time of year again, and I can't pretend that business has exactly been booming in recent weeks! So, I've decided to make an effort to stimulate a bit of cashflow by holding another Early Summer Sale.

The format is pretty much similar to previous years, in that the prices of all miniatures have been reduced by 20% (including the new stuff in the 'Coming Soon' section). Shipping continues to be free of charge worldwide on orders of �75 or more.

This year there is a special bonus for any customers who currently hold voucher credit from the Voucher Purchase Programme. If you decide to hold on to your credit for later in the year, and use some good old-fashioned cash for a purchase, you will receive a pack of 4 unreleased Large Spiders (these are different sculpts to the current WE11a pack). If you do this, please drop me a note to ask for the spiders.

Please take a look at the Webstore at http://www.otherworld.me.uk/store.html to see the reduced prices. Please note that you may have to refresh your browser or delete your cache to see the new prices.

The sale will run until midnight BST on 6th June 2011.
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

Dargrin wrote:
This year there is a special bonus for any customers who currently hold voucher credit from the Voucher Purchase Programme. If you decide to hold on to your credit for later in the year, and use some good old-fashioned cash for a purchase, you will receive a pack of 4 unreleased Large Spiders (these are different sculpts to the current WE11a pack). If you do this, please drop me a note to ask for the spiders.
Great that there is a sale and all and please don't get me wrong but this sounds like they need money fast as for asking people who have credit vouchers to hold that back and spend more cash sounds a bit dubious to me. :)
Barton

Post by Barton »

Skrit wrote:
"Great that there is a sale and all and please don't get me wrong but this sounds like they need money fast as for asking people who have credit vouchers to hold that back and spend more cash sounds a bit dubious to me."

Not at dubious to me. I am a small business owner, getting more sales now is sometimes important for a lot reasons (no warehouse space, cash flow, need to increase sales numbers for loan applications, and MANY other legit reasons).
Barton Stano
Lombard, IL USA
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

Oh I'm sure he had his reasons for it and I am not saying I think it's unwise or anything but it got me thinking just abit. :)
Barton

Post by Barton »

I think the Otherworld people should have given a reason for the sale, when we give discounts to our customers we try to tell them why (need sale this quarter not next, cash flow, what ever). I how ever sell BtoB (Business to Business) so my customers understand the reason easier. Still always a good idea to say why sale (even if just want to have a summer sale... or summers are slow so I wan to discount to drive up sales). If I had to guess and it is a pure guess, summers are slow time for them.

I love the sale and the flat shipping, I just can not take advantage of it, too many unpainted minis in my hall of shame......
Last edited by Barton on 24 May 2011, o 19:40, edited 1 time in total.
Barton Stano
Lombard, IL USA
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

True, also thank for giving some input to as why this could be. These things interest me. :)
NAVARRO
Mr. Bug-Man

Post by NAVARRO »

Skrit wrote:
Dargrin wrote:
Great that there is a sale and all and please don't get me wrong but this sounds like they need money fast as for asking people who have credit vouchers to hold that back and spend more cash sounds a bit dubious to me. :)

These vouchers are not new or isolated, they have been doing it for some time now. :)
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

I know that but I was wondering why he'd ask people to hold them back and spend cash instead of using the vouchers. :)