Neolis' Wip

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
Gildor

Re: Neolis' Wip

Post by Gildor »

Very good.
I would improve only ground ( use dry pigments for example). Flanks of the base needs one more black layer. I dont like his camouflage on his face. Red colour is not the best idea to hide^^
Take a look at hind sight of that black one. I think area around that red gem need blackline.

Sorry for my English. I hope that you understood my notices. I really like this small diorama. You had great idea. Gratz!
Keep on painitng.
Cheers
:mrgreen:
Neolis

Post by Neolis »

Gildor wrote:. I dont like his camouflage on his face. Red colour is not the best idea to hide
Yeah but its what the 101 airborne did. There is documentation that they wore native American " war paint" on a few missions.

The other parts of the feed back I am definitely going to take to heart and work on today.
If it wasn't for the gutter my mind would be homeless.
"She bears the scarlet letter, her skin as soft as feathers, her demeanor tough as leather."
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

some more interaction between the two would be welcome. Can you repose the us guy so that he's looking at the other one?
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Neolis

Post by Neolis »

:think: I think I can retwist him out and have him face the gunner with out to much trouble.
"She bears the scarlet letter, her skin as soft as feathers, her demeanor tough as leather."
Wraithlord

Post by Wraithlord »

I think what strikes me the most about the work in this thread is not the blending or highlights and such but rather the fact that all of the minis have a very dull and realistic look to them. No shiny-ness or over coloured reflections and whatnot, just a very realistic look and I have to say that I like it.
Neolis

Post by Neolis »

Quick 2-3 day painting project to blow off steam of iron painter and get ready for MKII warmachine:
ImageClick to see full-sized image
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

Looks like a Przemosz. paintjob :) I like it :) just don't forget to add some shading :)
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Neolis

Post by Neolis »

Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

it's very early WIP, right? you want to improve smoothness and increase contrast between shadows and highlights, right?
Neolis, I sometimes have a feeling that you don't cover precious layers properly when you use watered down paints. you can see it on the 2nd pic, there are dark green horizontal lines by the edge of the cloak. Perhaps you know it already and want to correct it, but IIRC this I've seen on some of your finished models.
Good mini choice btw, I really like this sculpt.
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Neolis

Post by Neolis »

Trying to get back in to the swing of things. Only mild rework done on the cape so far in the attempt to try some other ideas out. The light over picking up the color tones I tried to do in the metal. Which is frustrating considering the time put in to it. :?