Natural materials

You need inspiration, ideas? Not a WIP yet but still in a concept stage? Come here!
Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

Natural materials

Post by Corvus »

I have a small collection of various natural materials for basing purposes: tree twigs, grass seeds, moss, tiny flowers ...

I've been thinking of selling this stuff for a fair price: for example 1 euro for a small bag, fixed shipping cost, just to keep things simple. I'll do this for fun, not profit.

Most people will be able to gather these materials by themselves, but I guess there also a lot of people who want to buy it too. So what do you think?

Some example stuff, for scale I have included a ruler (in centimeters) and a Rosemary & Co Series 33 #1.

fine moss (picture is a bit too dark)
ImageClick to see full-sized image

coarse moss

fine grass
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Re: Natural materials

Post by mahon »

I wouldn't buy it, Ana collects all kinds of plants which she can imagine to be useful for miniatures, but maybe others would buy it.
Can't help much, but I can admit they can add totally new quality and dimension to your miniatures.
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
ToMaZ
Expects too much, too

Post by ToMaZ »

I collect plants myself too, so I would not buy it either. But if you can manage to get your product in the spotlight for a bit, there will always be people buying it.
---ToMaZ---

Try honesty...
NAVARRO
Mr. Bug-Man

Post by NAVARRO »

I wouldnt get them because I hate organic things on my bases, I prefer artificial things.
Cyberpaddy66

Post by Cyberpaddy66 »

Only way I see you selling it if I'm brutally honest is by packaging up stuff you find in the country side and selling it to city dwellers, I've been saving up my old herb cut off's from the Thyme, rosemary and even Mint to use as trees etc.
Getting back into the thick (or rather thin as in thinning my paints) of it, not picked up a brush in some time so this may hurt a bit until I get used to the feel of them again :doh:
Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

Post by Corvus »

Agreed. Or to people who don't want to go out collecting the stuff.
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

as for me - I also wouldn't pay for such thing because I have no problem with taking a walk to park or wood to find what I need;
but I also believe there are people who'd like to save time and prefer purchasing such stuff

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Barton

Post by Barton »

I would love to purchase, HUGE problem I am in USA, the customs forms would be nightmare!!!!
Barton Stano
GameMaster of Pulp RPG using Hero System
Rat Rancher (rat ranching had better be fun, it sure ain't profitable)
learning to paint and sculpt
Lombard, IL USA