Looking for a colour scheme!! (need colour advice!!) Please?

You need inspiration, ideas? Not a WIP yet but still in a concept stage? Come here!
Hellfire

Looking for a colour scheme!! (need colour advice!!) Please?

Post by Hellfire »

Hey all,

I've recently have had inspiration to collect a chaos space marine army, I want a unique army however, and have decided to theme the army on dark angel renegades!

However, I am stuck at what colours to paint them. I dont want it to look like my army is a Dark Angels army (too similiar), instead of a chaos army, nor do I want it to lose its Dark Angels theme.

Convertions will be done to chaos space marine models using spare dark angel parts (eg. robes, hoods, wings.)

Any Advice for what colours go well with dark green?? (Doesnt have to be dark green, but must be relevent to a dark angels sub-chapter theme.)

For example, what primary, secondary, or trim colours? And how will the model be painted (eg. the flame/scale decorations, the more complex schemes).

Hopefully I can get a more dark and sinister look then the current dark angel colours.

Some useful techniques to pull off my "dark and sinister" look would also be appreciated. :D

Your ideas and advice (or inspirations for my own ideas =D ), will be greatly appreciated. I hope you can help me with this, as I am quite stuck for ideas.
Szary

RE: Looking for a colour scheme!! (need colour advice!!) Ple

Post by Szary »

What chaos god do you want to serve?:) The first think that goes to my mind is bleached bone color of Deathwing mixed with nurgle theme. Overall a pallid scheme.
You can keep dark green on the armour, and maybe add some yellow-black stripes, typicall for a chaos army. I would stick to white/bleached robes, but make them more weathered and with some chaos arrows pattern.
Nice touch would be some pair of wings (from DA) with a deformated skull in the middle (from chaos).

You should add some red also to not make it so dull.
That`s the way I would make it.

Waiting for you models! Cheers.
Szary