ResuHellspawN paints anything

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
ResuHellspawN

ResuHellspawN paints anything

Post by ResuHellspawN »

I'm a big fan of MORDHEIM and I start a new undead warband... okay, just read the following and you will understand.

Do you remember Interview with a vampire, the movie based on the Anne Rice novel?
I saw and liked this movie many years ago (with Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt and Antonio Banderas - what a "prettyfacecasting").
Do you remember the scene when Tom Cruise (Lestat) had been killed by Kristen Dunst and thrown in a swamp? Lestat survived this by eating everything he found in the swamps. Even an alligator.
Wow!
Tom Cruise looked like thiis after this treatment:
Too cute!
So... here is my brand new vampire leader!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

This is not inspirated by Lestat but this reminds me Lestat. When finished, I took a look at the mini and I thought: "Uh! He looks like the roten version of Tom Cruise's vampire face!".

The eyes are white because I think this is much more frightening, I can make little black dots in the eyes, you know! Of course I can! :P
ResuHellspawN

Re: ResuHellspawN paints anything

Post by ResuHellspawN »

MORDHEIM, you said?

My next Mordheim board is supposed to represent a undestroyed Mordheim corner... or another city to play in... this will look like a mix between Mordheim and Cadwallon, the game created by Rackham... or not. I'm not really sure about the final appearance of it all ...

Oh, just one thing: I'll soon talk about house rules managing night and day cycles... with evil warbands weakened under the light of the burning sun and good ones sleeping under the moonlight... Warbands with variable effectives in case of night or day. Strange, isn't it?

A waterwell from Tabletop World!
ImageClick to see full-sized imageImageClick to see full-sized imageImageClick to see full-sized imageImageClick to see full-sized image

The statue of Morr from the new GW graveyard (ooops, sorry, "Garden of Morr!).
ImageClick to see full-sized imageImageClick to see full-sized image

Some statues always usefull in sceneries.
ImageClick to see full-sized image

The watch tower from Tabletop World... it's slow but my table is growing...
=> The slideshow

The timbered house by Tabletop World.
=> The slideshow

Okay...
The little chapel from GW, now.
I think I won't use the statues with the chapel, I'll use those statues with another scenery piece. The chapel is supposed to be a small house of cult... not very rich...
ImageClick to see full-sized image => The slideshow

I tried to apply the same scheme on every house... which includes this chapel... Is GW compatible with Tabletop World? Yes, I think so! Tell me what you think about it. Do they work together or not at all?

The Merchant's House from Tabletop World... that's all...
Does the slideshow work, for you?
==> The slideshow
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

Tome Cruise necromancer looks very good, nice different colors that work together plus the contrast is good. We have a section here called Tale of Gamers, it is for painters who paint their war bands or armies as tales. I did a Tomb Kings Momrdheim group 8) check some other cool tales there. If you would like to join, just stvart your own thread for VAmpires war band :mrgreen:
Your buildings look great, especially the walls color. Did you paint it with a brush or air brush? What table do you play on, the one from GW?
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
ResuHellspawN

Post by ResuHellspawN »

sea.man wrote:Tome Cruise necromancer looks very good, nice different colors that work together plus the contrast is good.
Tank you, It's nice to have such a feedback!
sea.man wrote:We have a section here called Tale of Gamers, it is for painters who paint their war bands or armies as tales. I did a Tomb Kings Momrdheim group 8) check some other cool tales there. If you would like to join, just stvart your own thread for VAmpires war band :mrgreen:
To tell you the truth, this vampire wasn't supposed to look like Lestat. But he did... My warband was planified to look like many others but you gave me an idea: use inspiration from different fantastic movies for each mini of the warband. That sounds cool! I will buy acetone, today, I think! :mrgreen:
sea.man wrote:Your buildings look great, especially the walls color. Did you paint it with a brush or air brush?
No airbrush. Never. Why? Because it's too expensive for me. I'm a french teacher in Belgium, not exactly the kind of job to become a rich man!
Brush, paint and pain. That's all. I dream about an airbrush but... that's just a dream!
If you like the stone walls, here is the way to paint it... I've posted it before on "Tom's boring Mordheim"... That's not a scoop, no secret. Internet community is made to share, isn't it?

Translate that with the new color names if you want, I've got many old ones and will empty these ones before buying new ones!

1°) Black undercoat

2°) Arkose stones:
- Heavy YANDEN DARKSUN drybrush
- TAUSEPT OCHRE tapping.
- Light BLEACHED BONE drybrush.
- Zénithal SKULL WHITE drybrush and lining on the edges.
- CHAOS BLACK between the stones.

3°) Grey stones:
CODEX GREY and then FORTRESS GREY. SKULL WHITE for some edges. GRAVEYARD EARTH washing on some stones

4°) Wood:
- Heavy SCORCHED BROWN drybrush.
- Light GRAVEYARD EARTH drybrush
- Last light BLEACHED BONE drybrush.

5°) The tiles:
- SCORCHED BROWN drybrush
- Lighter SNAKEBITE LEATHER drybrush.
- Random BLOOD RED caress to put down some pigments.
- From downside to upside: BUBONIC BROWN and then ROTTING FLESH drybrush.
- CHAOS BLACK lining between the tiles.

6°) The bricks:
- Global DARK FLESH drybrush.
- Random drybrushes of
2/3 DARK FLESH, 1/3 BLAZING ORANGE
or 2/3 CHAOS BLACK, 1/3 REGAL BLUE
or BESTIAL BROWN.
- Light BLEACHED BONE drybrush everywhere.
- Some random CODEX GREY lines and dots.
sea.man wrote: What table do you play on, the one from GW?
Nope, sire!
This table I begin withe those houses is a new one and will be my third one. The 2 others have been given to good friends (10x 60cmx60cm with sceneries for each one!) to help them to create their own campaign.
I usually prefer homemade table (see my old ones in the following galleries at the end of this post, for example) but I was tired to play in ruins and decided to change for old but undestroyed houses.
The table will be multilevel like this:
ImageImage
But made in sculpted MDF, I think. I'm about to start the first tests!
I'll tell you how it works!

Here is the gallery I talked about, only "in game" pictures.
These are pictures of the battles in my old buildings and streets... I gave it all to a good friend of mine. And I decided to build another city without ruins and only buyable houses and buildings... I'm tired of balsa!
That makes a lot of pics.

Photobucket, you say?
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

fantastic work on these scenic items. they look so good that they would easily make great official paintjobs for these items. wow. i definitely think we need more terrain makers/painters here!

and the necromancer isn't bad too. not a contest winning model, because it's too simple to make people go WOW, but for a gaming miniature he's definitely falling into the "very nice" range.

if gaming quality is not sufficient for you - let us know. if it's what you aimed for - you are really good at it!
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
ResuHellspawN

Post by ResuHellspawN »

Thank you, mahon!
Gaming quality used to be my goal but, after 10 years of painting, I'm done with it.
I dream about another level for my next minis... but there is always the "game needs" to feed.
It's hard for me to find time and motivation to try to paint "contest minis" because I live in the middle of nowhere... everybody here says WOW for any 28mm painted mini, even if it's my worst paintjob ever! "Wow! That's sooo smaaaaall? How can you have the skill to make that?".

I went here and there on the internet to find people of my kind but I'm in the middle of two worlds: game painting and contest painting...
I want somebody able to tell me how to reach the other side. What should I do more or less to be a contest painter? I know I'm not and I know I've got a whole world of bad habits to loose...
I think I need a mentor, because I've learned everything by myself, lost in my "middle of nowhere homeland". And I'm stuck now. :banghead:
This is my damnation! :doh:

And, err, yes, it's obvious I can do something for your thirst of terrain makers/painters... 10 years of game... 10 years of sceneries!
I'll post some, I promise!
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

ResuHellspawN wrote:Gaming quality used to be my goal but, after 10 years of painting, I'm done with it.
that necromancer shows you won't have much problem to paint something much better than table-top level.

can you show us your whole band or whole gaming table? :)
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
ResuHellspawN

Post by ResuHellspawN »

Nameless wrote:that necromancer shows you won't have much problem to paint something much better than table-top level.
Thank you!
Nameless wrote:can you show us your whole band or whole gaming table? :)
My warband counts... 1 mini!
My table is limited to those houses by now.
Yes. These are two new projects!

But, in the beginning of my painter life, I made a Mordheim table wich I post a lot of pictures above... okay, I give you those links, you won't have to scroll up! :D

Photobucket, you say?
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
ResuHellspawN

Post by ResuHellspawN »

Okay... very old minis, now: my old Mordheim warbands!

UNDEAD GOBLINS (you know how it works... you get an idea and no way to forget this... except MAKE this idea happen)

Vampire (Otto Daf'hé, the squig is there to explain the movement capacity of the vampire!) and the necromancer (Mort Shaman, hah!)
Those living creatures helping the vampires... I dunno their name in english
Zombies...
Goules... in french !
Dead squigs... looking like rotweillers, I can't explain why anymore...

A MORDHEIM OSTERMARCK WARBAND... old Mordheimers with uniforms trying to take the city back!

HQ

The first Captain (there are two choices)
ImageImage
The second Captain
ImageImageImage
Two men with hallberds
ImageImage
Two other with crossbows
ImageImage

TROOPS

Swordmen
ImageImage
Archers
ImageImage

MISC

Ogre
ImageImage
Halfling
ImageImage
Mage
ImageImage

THE WARBAND

There are more warbands (7 others!) but pictures are ugly or don't exist.
I'll make new pics someday!

Oh, yeah, these ones left: SOME WITCH HUNTERS (really not my best work but a very quickly painted warband I made for a friend)

Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

a lot of minis :) but univen - yu got ther nicly done books / scrols but wooden parts looks realy poor (stiks/ cubes)
'the living vampire helpers " = Dregs
good part is you got an idea end you realize it but if you whana became a painter not gamer you need tostop thinking like gamer end start like painter - about composicion , about base "is this mini look good on this thiny sqere base ?? "

modrheim .. o well how much fun i got with that in past years .. end how boring it seams now after i got better systems in my hands .. -_-' mever less fluff part of mordheim end band creation is top :)
"GOOD RACK CAN MAKE A DONKEY ATTACK LION"
http://maru.worldblogcafe.com/