K's litte beginer gallery

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
k_dash

K's litte beginer gallery

Post by k_dash »

First I would like to say hello to all the painter in this forum. I sincerely hope that my paint job will not be of to low level, as having seen the gallery I know that I still have a long way to go, but I decided that it might be a good thing to get feedback from somebody who is better. This might help me in further advancing.

I would like to present my latest work.

Thank you in advance for any constructive feedback.
K'
Dengoku o oidasareta denshi wa akuma ni narushikanai.
LittleDave

Re: K's litte beginer gallery

Post by LittleDave »

Hello. :)

Your painting is nice and clean which is a great start. The subtle red in the face and green on the stone looks good as well. My suggestion would be to darken the shadows for a better contrast and add some color to the skin for a more natural feel. It probably wouldn't be very difficult to use glazes to achieve this since the mini is mostly lighter tones.
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

1. there's no such thing as "too low level"
2. it's a forum for all painters, not master painters only :)
3. Dave summed it up pretty good. clean paintjob, though it's missing stronger contrasts and colour variations.

oh, and welcome to the forum :) have fun!
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

hello - is ther a posibility for close ups ??
so we will be able to ad some technical help :)
"GOOD RACK CAN MAKE A DONKEY ATTACK LION"
http://maru.worldblogcafe.com/
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

My fav part is the stone, good job. It looks very natural :)
I would add a bit more color nuances to the skin - purple, pink...
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

The stone on this model is excellent i think it's my favourite part. The other comments are exactly what i would have said too, more contrast and definition on the model would help give her the extra focus needed. Perhaps the additions of more shadows would help differentiate the distinct pieces such as he clothing and her skin. Still a neat job which is a great start.
Kuchulainn

Post by Kuchulainn »

Maru wrote:is ther a posibility for close ups ??
Yeah, I think we all would like close ups :p

Jokes aside, I would like to see how light and shade have been applied on the most curvy places (from the pictures you posted initially, the upper legs give us a hint, but due to the pale tone of the subject's skin, it's difficult to tell).

Overall, it's a very decent paint. The katana's edge might benefit from being highlighted just a bit, maybe?

Cheers :)
k_dash

Post by k_dash »

I'll give a little explanation as to how the figurine was painted.
The skin was meant to this pale since this is an Asian I wanted to do it a bit more and make it elvish light tone, almost white. For that reason I also used very light shading on the skin I wasn't sure if a more direct transition would be in order, as for the clothes the photo doesn't do just to the actual figure, I used a regular compact, preparing myself to invest into a proper DLSR. The colours on the kimono are going from (Valejo flat blue) to (Valejo Sky blue).
As for the katana it didn't come out as good as I wanted it to I just couldn't get the transitions correct.
I used a layering technique for the mini, with a little addition, or cheat, of dry pastel to achieve the red on the face and the green on the stone.

ps. I am not sure if I can really call myself a beginner reason is I have been painting on and of for the last 4 years. I have zero talent for arts but I love this hobby and I rely heavily on knowledge and skills acquired the hard way. For that reason I call myself a beginner cause I do not feel like an decent or even an intermediate level painter.

ps2. Maru are you by any chance the Bakemonomaru from wargamer forum?
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

cheat, of dry pastel to achieve the red on the face and the green on the stone.
thats not a cheat - that 1 of meny techniques :)
The skin was meant to this pale since this is an Asian I wanted to do it a bit more and make it elvish light tone, almost white. For that reason I also used very light shading on the skin I wasn't sure if a more direct transition would be in order,
well you mey put a realy strong contrast on objects iven on pale 1 - thats just depends on light end how you gona arange that on minature / painting
beside pale skin is far from boring 1 color - only hevymake up gives effect of even color - real skin will be pinkish , bluish , yelowish end iven with green tint in some parts
I used a regular compact, preparing myself to invest into a proper DLSR.
ther is a topic about Cameras - so dont get hury with all this buing new 1 as DSLR mey be not your thing - ther is so much intresting end good alternatives on market like mirror less camera , an Advenced Amator grade compacts (like G series from Canon ) super zooms , or pro grade compacts
ps2. Maru are you by any chance the Bakemonomaru from wargamer forum?
nop suprisingly im Maru from Wargamer forum .. but i know Bakemonomaru aka Gobas :roll:
"GOOD RACK CAN MAKE A DONKEY ATTACK LION"
http://maru.worldblogcafe.com/
k_dash

Post by k_dash »

Here is my latest work this time I left the pics in original size.
Looking forward to hearing your comments.