Ramshackle Scenery

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
Ramshackle_Curtis

Ramshackle Scenery

Post by Ramshackle_Curtis » 17 Dec 2011, o 15:55

Well, Ive done a load of scenery!

I feel that with scenery, its important to achieve maximum effect with least effort. To this end, I glue most of it together with resin mixed with sand. It dries quickly and is very strong, but heavy.

For the painting, I dry brush with white, then wash with brown/black mix. I repeat this about 5 or 6 times, building up nice depth to the effect, but not having to spend ages doing intricate blending!

The grass is green and brown flock with static grass. I also used some dried out moss.

The metal parts are mostly armour plates from the Ramshackle Games range.

Card packaging.

The rocks are made from smashed up chunks of resin

I do the rust by painting the models in brown rust colour, washing over with watered black/brown mix of acrylic. Then its a spray of orange (GW macharite solar orange, the foundation one) done with a toothbrush. Then I do some washes in the orange, and finally drybrush with silver, using a big brush. I went for some arty scratch texture, which I thought made it all look a bit more illustratory then straight realism.

This is all done with misscast parts from the Ramshackle range. If you want some please PM me!

A tower made by a girl.

And next a setup with the Dungerdons and some soldiers in my new terrain! Hurrah!

Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Re: Ramshackle Scenery

Post by Maru » 17 Dec 2011, o 18:15

last photo - i knew it i knew it it is Fork lifter :)
This is all done with misscast parts from the Ramshackle range. If you want some please PM me!
risky your PM box mey not hold that amount of PM s .... :D
I do the rust by painting the models in brown rust colour, washing over with watered black/brown mix of acrylic. Then its a spray of orange (GW macharite solar orange, the foundation one) done with a toothbrush. Then I do some washes in the orange, and finally drybrush with silver, using a big brush.

thats well know wey to do such effect - not to precize but quite efficent 1

as your photos prove that
I feel that with scenery, its important to achieve maximum effect with least effort.
lets c .. moust of sucesful mini lines got ther product presented in bouth way a sole mini end a mini in context (terrain, diorama ) with some times adicional presentacion - unpainted mini (well some minis look better unpainted .... )

so ye i would sey terrain is importent :)

ty for sharing :)
i caind of like thous "bambo" bridges end platforms
"GOOD RACK CAN MAKE A DONKEY ATTACK LION"
http://maru.worldblogcafe.com/

Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless » 17 Dec 2011, o 23:31

some nice pieces there...
thanks for "rust recipe" - I might use it sooner or later :)
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================

Ramshackle_Curtis

Post by Ramshackle_Curtis » 19 Dec 2011, o 10:26

Its fun you know. The scenery just runs away with itself. I find doing it in bulk helps too, you dont get bogged down in minutae, as there is too much to do. Just slap it on and get onto the next one. The hard part is having the space to leave it all out for a month! I think I spent about 1 hour a day on it for 4 weeks, leaving plenty of drying time. The wall sections took a bit longer, as they were quite alot of fiddly bits.

Ive got this model too. Its a commission piece for a clothing company, Blue Cheese clothing:

http://www.bluecheeseclothing.com/index.php

I painted up this one

ImageClick to see full-sized image

mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon » 19 Dec 2011, o 14:29

Ramshackle_Curtis wrote:Well, Ive done a load of scenery!
well done! I like the post apocalyptic feel you achieved, plus the rust looks really good!
Ramshackle_Curtis wrote:I feel that with scenery, its important to achieve maximum effect with least effort.
wouldn't it be the perfect way of painting/modelling anything? optimize the result/effort ratio :)
Ramshackle_Curtis wrote:I do the rust (...)
thanks for the recipe. it will surely be useful :)
Ramshackle_Curtis wrote:This is all done with misscast parts from the Ramshackle range
now you could use it as your advertising slogan: "our miscasts are better than some fine casts" :lol:
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector

Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru » 19 Dec 2011, o 17:14

now you could use it as your advertising slogan: "our miscasts are better than some fine casts"
rofl - o my thats realy good slogan actualy ...
"GOOD RACK CAN MAKE A DONKEY ATTACK LION"
http://maru.worldblogcafe.com/

endrem

Post by endrem » 19 Dec 2011, o 20:42

Some awesome scenery here. I absolutely on to achieve your way of doing it: the maximum effect with the least effort. This is very good inspiration, thanks for posting it.

Ramshackle_Curtis

Post by Ramshackle_Curtis » 19 Dec 2011, o 21:05

Maru wrote:
now you could use it as your advertising slogan: "our miscasts are better than some fine casts"
rofl - o my thats realy good slogan actualy ...
Haha!