Neolis' Wip

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Re: Neolis' Wip

Post by sea.man »

I have to say that so far I like this mini much more the previous one and I find it funny because it is a smaller mini and should be harder to paint :-)
Is the difference in skin colour between the face and torso made on purpose? Or it is wip?
btw. I have bought Nokjagerin myself :-)
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
Neolis

Post by Neolis »

I have to say the larger mini was harder to paint. Have fun with Nokjagerin I am planning to do another 54mm very soon as it was a lot of fun to do. Challenging but fun.

Wanted to lighten the face up some with some extra highlights as when your looking at the fig in person the face is usualy seen against the skin of the chest and arm so it sort of gets lost against them.
If it wasn't for the gutter my mind would be homeless.
"She bears the scarlet letter, her skin as soft as feathers, her demeanor tough as leather."
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

it's still a WIP, isn't it? because it seems to be lacking some shading and highlighting. neatness seems to be OK at this stage :)
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Neolis

Post by Neolis »

"She bears the scarlet letter, her skin as soft as feathers, her demeanor tough as leather."
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

Hey Neo, it's been a while since you've updated this thread. Good to see you back at it mate :D

Your greens are really rich and full of colour, i like them a lot, the last model especially, your bases are becoming much more interesting.

The freehand isn't bad but i think the skull could be more regular shaped as it's not symmetrical atm. I always try and plan out from a central point with circles to give a regular feel.
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

wow, Neo is back :) good to see you again :)
marine looks quite nice, good lighting on it. I can't say anything specific though, pics are just too small
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

very nice freehand, much better then my skull on VC banner :P
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

Post by Corvus »

wow, where have you been!

What I can see looks okay, but some better pictures are more than welcome.
Neolis

Post by Neolis »

Corvus wrote:wow, where have you been!
Mainly under a rock and other issues. Not sure I will be able to be back with serious frequency but I am gonna try.

Not related to the mini scene before but I was asked by the local hobby shop owner to touch up his Armorcast Titans as a favor. Where all the purple is was an unshaded black and the bone weapons was a very dark metallic again with out any highlights or shading. I was asked to keep it quick and simple as these will get played with and scratched. This is nights 2 work.

ImageClick to see full-sized image
Neolis

Post by Neolis »