GD Australia 2011

Golden Demons and all the other miniature painting competitions and events
Angora

Re: GD Australia 2011

Post by Angora »

That's not the information I've been given and Bohun suggested earlier in this very thread that it was his Dread. If I am wrong then I'm happy to admit it.
Anyway...no further comment from me here.
robbo

Post by robbo »

Okay, I will readily admit I registered here for two reasons. Firstly, I have been admiring people's work on this site for some time, and I now hope to be able to contribute in some small way.
Secondly, this crap about the GD cheat. Some context for those not in the know. The same sod who entered a commission dreadnaught as his own work has been banned from just about every Warhammer tournament in Australia for being caught red handed with loaded dice. It was the end of a remarkable run of 'lucky' games. His dice were of the type that have a weight that will settle within them, allowing you to determine what results you want. He was caught, and hasn't the honesty to admit it. Anyone think his cheating with the GD models (the dread isn't the only one apparantly) is just mere coincidence?

And then he posts the above, with veiled threats?
Pathetic.

Robbo
robbo

Post by robbo »

Here, for those interested in how closely he followed the 'tutorial'.
Look about halfway down.
Can anyone pick a difference? Nice work Raymond...

http://www.mainlymedieval.com/ozpainter ... &start=105
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

Well, INTHEKNOW. Care to reveal who you are?! :mrgreen:
Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Pandadosmares »

Awsome work he even managed to draw the freehand in the same places :clap:
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

@INTHEKNOW: yeah, right... sure :roll:

let's say it's a sad attempt because I met Bohun in person at Hussar 2011 (he was in the jury and I was taking photos) and at the afterparty. it was yesterday and he didn't confirm your version, INTHEKNOW. what a shame you didn't know we really know each other and sometimes even meet ^^
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

end some of us so wip of this work
"GOOD RACK CAN MAKE A DONKEY ATTACK LION"
http://maru.worldblogcafe.com/
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

INTHEKNOW wrote:@ Angora and posters this my apply to.

I has come to my attention that there are accusations being made not only on this forum but on others. I would be very careful about making slanderous comments in public without proof. I can assure you this matter has been fully investigated by the event organisers and they have been in contact with the people who are actually involved.

While the Dreadnought in question was based on Bohun's painting style, and a tuition and feed back was given by him, it was not painted by Bohun.

To save any controversy, and with the agreement of all parties involved, the Demon for the Vehicle category was was handed back, and given to 4th place.

As he had not cheated he was able to retain all other Demons won. The person at question will also be able to enter next years GD without limitation.

However, if this isn't enough information for you I suggest that you either get in contact with GW AU directly or I'm sure you can contact Bohun by sending him a PM or finding the email from his site. Failing that please feel free to PM me.
I wanted to reply to every single word in this post, but I think I'll just move it to LOL Quotes topic
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Slawol
Perpetuum Mobile
Perpetuum Mobile

Post by Slawol »

Mahon, Nameless, Panda: +1

Nothing more to say... :)
Pozdrawiam/Best regards
Sławomir Borysowski

Let’s put a smile on that face!
robbo

Post by robbo »

Interesting thread over on Wargamerau where WIP photos he sent to a friend have turned out to be taken directly from Bohun's own posts. He passed them off as his own work of course. Sadly, GW are restricted by their own rules for the GD awards. He could only be disqualified for the dread, his other two winning entries could not be dq'ed. Sad really, how pathetic must one be to need to win this way...