Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Hussar 2011 - Warsaw, Poland, 22.10.2011

Post by Nameless »

http://en.hussar.eu/

ImageClick to see full-sized image
Dear Painters,

On behalf of myself, Chest of Colors and Warsaw Team I’d like to invite you to the second edition of the Polish painting competition Hussar. It will be the main event of the “Weekend with fantasy” held on 22 October 2011 in the Community Centre Rakowiec – 8 Wiślicka St., Warsaw, Poland. The main competition will be acccompanied by painting and scultping workshops and speed painting contest.

Your entries will be judged by:

- Bogusz Stupnicki (Bohun),

- Filip Marković (Nameless),

- Przemysław Wałęga (Przemo).

Entries will be accepted between 10:00-13:00. Expected time for announcing results is 18:00. Entrance fee for the whole day (main contest and accompanying events) is 10 pln (~2.5€). After the official part of our event feel free to come to the after-party to be held in the café located with the same building.

Competition rules and other relevant information are available at the competition official website: http://www.hussar.eu, and on the Chest of Colors site and forum as well: http://chestofcolors.com.

I’d also like to use this opportunity to whole-heartedily thank all people helping me with this undertaking.

See you at “Hussar 2011”

Janusz Rosłan
„HUSSAR” PAINTING COMPETITION RULES

I. GENERAL RULES

1. Submissions:

1.Painter can submit his works in any number of categories, though no more than 1 entry in any category.
2.Painters can submit their works only. Team works or submitting works on behalf of other painters will not be accepted.
3.It is allowed to submit own sculpts and converted entries.
4.All submissions need to be painted.
5.ompatibility with gaming rules is not required. Compatibility with rulesets will not be judged.
6.It is allowed to submit works comprising of models and products of different manufacturers. Models of different manufacturers may be combined to create a single submission.
7.Works which already took gold/silver/bronze in other competitions will not be accepted.
8.All entries are submitted at the submitter’s risk.
9.By submitting an entry painter confirms approval of the rules and certifies that submitted entries are his/her.

2. Disqualifications:

1.Submitting an entry breaching the rules will cause disqualification of all works of the painter.
2.Submitting a team work or work of other painters will cause disqualification of all works of the painter and ban for all future editions of the competition.
3.Disqualification can happen after the results announcement, if evidence is found.
4.Disqualified painter is no longer entitled to any rewards received.
5.Disqualification may cause changes of winners and awards.

3. Judging:

1.Works shall be judged by jury members only.
2.Entries shall be judged on modelling and painting merits, creativity, originality and overall effect.
3.Proper workmanship is required from all honoured works. Coherency of used models and bases is required from all honoured works in Diorama category.
4.The first judging phase will be selection of honoured works, which will be awarded with a finalist diploma.
5.The second judging phase is a final, when 3 winning entries shall be selected. Winners will receive statues (gold, silver, bronze).
6.The third judging stage is selection of the overall winner (“Best of Show”). This entry will be awarded with a diploma and statue.
7.The additional award (“Junior” diploma) will be provided for the best work submitted by a painter born in 1995 or younger.
8.Judges’ decisions are definite, the only possible exception are changes caused by a disqualification.
9.Prizes may be provided by the organiser for winners and honoured painters.
10.Prizes may also be provided for randomly selected competitors, which were not awarded by judges.

4. Categories:

1.Painter shall declare which category a work is being cntered to.
2.Judges are entitled to move any work to another category if they find it more appropriate.
3.Judges are entitled to join different categories, if low number of submissions might cause poor competition level.
4.If any painter has more than 1 entry in any category due to judges decision (check item I.4.2 and I.4.3 above), only 1 entry shall be subject to judging as per judges’ decision. All other works are shown in a category, but are effectively not taking part in the competition.

II. CATEGORIES

1. Single model – fantasy:

1.This category is for fantasy models and historical models (before 1914).
2.Submission shall be a single model on foot in 32mm scale or smaller, size comparable to human models.
3.Model shall be based.
4.Any base shape is allowed, its size should not be bigger than 10x10cm or diameter of 10cm.

2. Single model – SF:

1.This category is for science-fiction models and historical (after 1914).
2.Submission shall be a single model on foot in 32mm scale or smaller, size comparable to human models.
3.Model shall be based.
4.Any base shape is allowed, its size should not be bigger than 10x10cm or diameter of 10cm.

3. Large model:

1.This category is for models in 54mm scale or bigger, size comparable to human models; war machines or vehicles including any crew.
2.This category is also for big models in smaller scales, if their size is comparable to models described in item 1.
3.Cavalry models, bikes etc. are also eligible for this category.
4.Busts in comparable scale shall be entered in this category.
5.Model shall be based.
6.Bases are not required for war machines and vehicles, unless there is separate crew included (e.g. cannon and crew).
7.Any base shape is allowed, its size should not be bigger than 20x20cm or diameter of 20cm, unless the model’s size requires a bigger base.

4. Diorama:

1.Work shall consist of at least 1 model on a scenic base.
2.This category is also for groups of models forming units.
3.It is allowed to mix models with different type, size and equipment to form a group of models. It is also allowed to mix models on foot with cavalry, as well as models of different manufacturers. Units need to look coherent though.
4.Size and shape of the scenic base are not limited anyhow.
5.Story presented on a diorama, integration of models with other models and with a scene, as well as interaction between models shall be subject to judging.
6.Units shall be placed on a base to make handling easier, no matter what formation they adapt.

III. ANNEX
examples of entries legitimate for different categories

Single model – fantasy:
Warhammer orcs, Confrontation dwarfs, Foundry pirates, Black Scorpion Miniatures cowboys.

Single model – SF:
Warhammer 40.000 space marines, Inifinity humans, Black Scorpion Miniatures US marines, Foundry Wehrmacht model.

Large model:
Warhammer 40.000 dreadnoughts, Warhammer trolls , Mantic Games cavalry, Dust Tactics mechas, dragons, historical models in 54mm scale or bigger.

Diorama:
Warhammer 40.000 space marines unit, pirate band comprising models from different companies, developed diorama with one model, huge battle scene.

Downloadable entry form (will be available at the contest too) - http://en.hussar.eu/do-pobrania

====

EDIT:
We have a new sponsor and a big prize for a winner!

CMON will provide a return air ticket to Crystal Brush 2012 for a winner of Hussar 2011!
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Re: Hussar 2011 - Warsaw, Poland, 22.10.2011

Post by mahon »

if anyone feels like reading the report from the last year's edition - here it is: http://chestofcolors.com/hussar-2010-report/

check the pictures of winning entries. the quality was really decent!
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

Post by Corvus »

nice website, good luck with the event!
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

last year we had one international guest... so, who's coming to hussar this year? :)
come on folks - contest, workshops, after-party, prizes for random entries... you just can't miss that :)
hope to see at least few of you at hussar :)
Nameless Painter Blog
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

yeah, have to beat the last year's numbers!
-- Mahoń

Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Pandadosmares »

Nameless wrote:o, who's coming to hussar this year? :)
:doh: :( not this year :cry:
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

you will be able to make even a better invasion in 2012 :twisted:
-- Mahoń

Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

will you at least send us some tremocos by post?
Nameless Painter Blog
Estragon
(Forum newbie)

Post by Estragon »

Will I be able to participate in any workshops in English? It would be no problem for me to get to Warsaw but my painting is not up to level for competing. I would be interested in educating myself though.
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

not sure about the guy doing the sculpting workshop.
As for painters - again, not sure who's exactly responsible for this. Ana sure knows English.hopefully the organiser will come to reply to your question in details.
Nameless Painter Blog