Elven Hero - update !

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
Lai

Post by Lai »

very nice and dark.. i like the cape a lot!
Jaycan

Post by Jaycan »

hiho

All in all a good mini but the photo costs alot points...

causing just on the foto i say...

the highlights on the cloak are to flat...ok it should be a dark one , but with a much higher highlight its also dark but seems more perfect...
the metallics can also be a bit more highlighted....think there some highlights with pure metallic medium from vallejo will give a better effect...

all in all i think the colors you use are to thik....use a bit more water to get finer effects...especially on the metallics....yeah i know...to much water on the metallics can kill all the metallic thing...but i think when you use metallics...then also you have to do it in lots of layers to get clear and nice effects...

and like some others say....the base kills the mini....

but this all is causing on the bad fotos....have to see him in real or on better pics to say more...

keep up...

greets

Micha
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

Mordred wrote:my mini has the same horrible mold line ;) I cut it away and made it into a big scar across his face, which you can't see on the picture.
Lol! Mine has the exact same problem with it's face! Might copy the scar thingy from yours...

Overall a nice job done.
Mordred

Post by Mordred »

thanks for the detailed commen Jaycan, that's the stuff I need ! :)

I have repainted some parts of the miniature, the sword has been given a serious update to remove that thick effect from the highlights .. it's alot smoother now, both ont he pics as in real life. Also the piece of cloth around his neck has been repainted blue, but the pics don't do it justice.

the biggest change ofcourse is the freehand on his cape, I'm really pleased with that. It's subtle, it fits the model and it doesn't kill the cape highlights.

I'll try and take some better pics, but I'm still not very pleased with my camera or my set of lights. I have the feeling it's gonna take me lots of tinkering to get better pictures.

LINK!

tell me what you think !
messiah_182

Post by messiah_182 »

Now the sword looks really good.

One more thing that you could reapaint is the shield. I mean the black areas. Some highlighits would be nice.

Great work on the freehand :)
Lai

Post by Lai »

now i can see things better!
i agree with messiah about the shield, it need some highlighting,it seems unfinished compared to the rest of the mini

you could use a glossy finish too for the shield.
Beautiful freehand :D
Mordred

Post by Mordred »

more pics! better pics ! this time I'm pleased with the pics, they do the model justice. If you see any errors now, it's because I didn't paint it well, I can't hide behind shady photography anymore.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/89305
ToMaZ
Expects too much, too

Post by ToMaZ »

Hi Mordred,

I was wondering what colours you used on the armour. I really like it. Together with the freehands, it's the strongest part of the model.
---ToMaZ---

Try honesty...