Water Effects

How to convert or sculpt a miniature? How to make a decent base or even a full diorama?!
endrem

Water Effects

Post by endrem »

Hi CofC'ers,

I was wondering if any of you has experience with the Vallejo Water products (Water Effects, Foam, Still Water, etc)? What are the best practices to apply them, what are the weak points, etc?

Here is my very little experience with it:

I bought a can of Water Effects Tranparent a while ago and yesterday finally got to try it... The label says it takes 24 hours to completely cure, so I can't tell more at the moment, but today morning (after about 10 hours of cure time) it still looked quite like milk. I hope it gets really tranparent, otherwise my base is gone :-), and I hope that there will be no bubbles in it...
It also seems to shrink a bit while drying...
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

RE: Water Effects

Post by Demi_morgana »

thank You for the tip - right now I don't need more paints but after my military service I'm gonna make painting shopping :wink:

I have not much experience with painting water / swamp but what I do is painting base in watery colors (blue, green or whatever) and laying glossy varnish on it; looks petrry nice from a distance :wink:

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
endrem

RE: Water Effects

Post by endrem »

These things are not actually paints, but some very solid gel mediums, which have a thick body, so you should be able to "sculpt" thicker water out of it.

The varnish is also a good idea, but in my case I needed something which can fill up a volume about 5 mm high. I will send a pic later to show for what I needed it :-).
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Re: RE: Water Effects

Post by Demi_morgana »

endrem wrote:The varnish is also a good idea, but in my case I needed something which can fill up a volume about 5 mm high. I will send a pic later to show for what I needed it :-).
I hope so - I haven't seen any of Your minis last times :wink:

:curtain: damn shoutbox... it's about a week now since I cannot shout... again :?

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

RE: Re: RE: Water Effects

Post by Skrit »

Thanks for sharing Endre. I'm just about to give the GW water a go. I'll go buy a can in the next couple of weeks.