Vampire Lord WIP

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
Belly

Re: Vampire Lord WIP

Post by Belly »

I started on the Vamp again... I wasn't too happy about the gold (it 'almost' got ripped appart on CMoN lol), so I did it again... And finished the head...
ImageClick to see full-sized image
ImageClick to see full-sized image
Still having loads of fun with this guy :)
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

... and still making people envious. i wonder if the fist is going to look good painted. it's difficult to judge now, but the model looks cool with the victim's head.
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Cyberpaddy66

Post by Cyberpaddy66 »

Nice touch on the oozing gore from the dismembered head but surely there should be some of that blood on the blade as well?

I really like the blending on the cape :D
Getting back into the thick (or rather thin as in thinning my paints) of it, not picked up a brush in some time so this may hurt a bit until I get used to the feel of them again :doh:
Belly

Post by Belly »

I was thinking about blood on the blade.... What you guys think?
Belly

Post by Belly »

mahon wrote:... and still making people envious. i wonder if the fist is going to look good painted. it's difficult to judge now, but the model looks cool with the victim's head.
I wasn't too happy with the sculpt on the hand, so I re did it since I took that photo... Looks a little neater now. I'll take some better pics tomorrow after more painting :)
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

This so cool :D cant wait to see more progress on this, I really like the dripping blood, was it some sort of wire with coloured glue/water effect ?
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

Belly wrote:I was thinking about blood on the blade.... What you guys think?
would be justified, considering the head in his other hand :)
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Belly

Post by Belly »

arctica wrote:This so cool :D cant wait to see more progress on this, I really like the dripping blood, was it some sort of wire with coloured glue/water effect ?
UHU glue painted red after it had hardened :D It's good for cobwebs as well...
Cyberpaddy66

Post by Cyberpaddy66 »

Quick and simple, I love it :D
Getting back into the thick (or rather thin as in thinning my paints) of it, not picked up a brush in some time so this may hurt a bit until I get used to the feel of them again :doh:
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

Agreed :) such a simple thing but looks really good, will have to try it sometime.