Tale of ? gamers - brainstorming

Now Reactivated and Revolutionized!!
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Tale of ? gamers - brainstorming

Post by Skrit »

I've been thinking about starting this project for a while now. I was just wondering if there are people here that would like to join me?

I want to kick off with a Fantasy version first and maybe later on also with a 40.000 one! :D

Any ideas on how to do it? With this I mean for example; what budget per month? In what time frame should the aquired items be painted? (monthly or maybe bi-monthly..) etc...

I was thinking about a goal of 2000 points. As this is most used in battles and also gives you the opportunity to wield the army in tournaments.

So what do you people think? Anyone with me on this?

P.s: I thought I'd put this in the Brainstorm section first and when we (hopefully I'm not alone!) start we'll open up another topic for it. Don't know what's the appropriate place for it though so make a suggestion...

Tim.
ToMaZ
Expects too much, too

RE: Tale of ? gamers!

Post by ToMaZ »

Well, I'm defenitly interested. I saw it on a other forum before and I was too late to sign in :)

The 2000 points limit is good I think. I don't know what budget. Since when university starts again I'll have a lot less to spend on miniatures. But the deadline could be at the end of every month (like in the White Dwarf)
You could also let the participants write a short fluff about their army. When you get more participants, keep a list of who choose which army. On the other forum they decided to set up a part of the forum for this "Tale of X gamers"

This would be great to create a good tabletop army :)
---ToMaZ---

Try honesty...
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

Cool, one in for the project! :D

I want to do Nurgle mortals. I sold my old army but still have plenty of ideas. Great idea about the fluff! I've got some ideas for that as I've kind of based it around a theme.

Which army will you do ToMaZ?
ToMaZ
Expects too much, too

Post by ToMaZ »

Don't know... I was initially thinking about nurgle too :) But I kinda like lizardmen too... not so much for the mini's, more for the idea behind them. But I don't think I can get myself to paint skinks ever again :)
Maybe I'll stick with chaos and make an archaon's horde army, pure mortals undivided or somthing :)

So many choices, I have to think about it a bit more :D
---ToMaZ---

Try honesty...
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

Don't let me stop you doing Nurgle, if you had that idea too then by all means just do! It'll be fun to see two different aproaches to the same army! :D
KingUlrikFlamebeard

Post by KingUlrikFlamebeard »

This has intrested me on other sites before. I am considering entering but a few things bug me -

* I have my SMs to finish. I want to do my entire 1500pt army ready for July time next year, I know they don't take long but still.

*Dwarfs. These are my worse painted army dispite the fact they are my main army. Its said that dwarfs are penciled in for s Christmas release this year, and so I'll start a new army up of them when they come out (lovely plastics)

*Orcs and Goblins. Yes, the enemy of dwarfs. I desire an entirely random army, this fits the profile. So if I do it then this would be the army of choice, but in doing so it would mean that my SMs would be pushed back as would the dwarfs.

See... I have too many plans. :(

KU
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

Guys, should we make a blog section for your project here?
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

That sounds interesting Mahon. What do you have i mind? :)
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

Anybody involved in the project please PM me. :idea:
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

PM sent! :D