Glen's Iron Warriors

Now Reactivated and Revolutionized!!
gmurie

Iron Warriors WIP

Post by gmurie »

Here are pictures of the Rhino with the start of the chevrons. It's not going well. Any advice on how to get a sharp bright yellow would be welcome. I started by painting the chevrons white and black, and then painted yellow over the white. It's still weak and streaky. I hope that if I paint more thinned coats of it will make the yellow more intense.
ImageClick to see full-sized image
I had to wait before undercoating these twenty Iron Warriors. We've been having a lot of hot humid weather here. I had to wait until it was cooler and less humid.
ImageClick to see full-sized image
gmurie

Re: Glen's Iron Warriors

Post by gmurie »

Back from GenCON. There's a basecoat and a bit of highlighlighting on the squad with the Autocannon and Plasma Gun.
gmurie

Post by gmurie »

Got most of the work done on the three squads of ten warriors. After these are finished I'll do the three rhinos I'm building for them. I'd estimate that I've got another four hours of work to do on these. I realize that much of them are blurry, there'll be better pics when they're finished.

[rimg]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4076/491 ... 6b8e_z.jpg[/rimg]
WIP 30 Iron Warriors by gmurie, on Flickr

What you're looking at:

Sorcerer with Mark of Tzeench
Squad 1 has Champ with Mark of Slaanesh, Power Sword, and Combi-Plasma, one marine with icon, and two marines with melta guns.
Squad 2 has champ with power fist, one marine with icon, one with autocannon, and one with plasma gun.
Squad 3 has champ with power fist, one marine with icon, one with missile launcher, and one with plasma gun.

The plasma guns have some OSL on them, and it's turning out quite nicely. The faster I work, and the less I agonize over something, the better I do. I have no idea why that always is for me. The more I agonize and work over a model the worse I do.
gmurie

Post by gmurie »

Still hammering away. Trying to get the Iron Warriors decals onto twenty chaos marines, and started work on the daemon prince. Pics won't be forthcoming for a few days at least.
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

So far so good, how many points have got there painted?
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

don't worry, you're still quicker than most of us :)
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
gmurie

Post by gmurie »

czlowiek.morze wrote:So far so good, how many points have got there painted?
I have no idea. I'm just painting them to paint an army.

Every time I've ever painted an army within a short time I've improved as a painter. That's the point of this exercise; to improve as a painter. I might play a few games with this army just for fun, but then it'll hit eBay soonish.
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

Still alot of minis there :D how are you planning to base the models?
gmurie

Post by gmurie »

Finally finished something! I also have one squad of ten warriors who just need basing, and twenty more that need chevrons added. Many thanks to Mahon for giving me a recipe for yellow that works! In answer to one of the questions, I superglue rocks and other solid bits onto the base, and then paint craft glue around those bits and apply sand. Then I paint over it all. I'm going to aim for a torn up and muddy look with a minimum of static grass, because I hate that stuff. I always end up with something that looks like a dead green tribble.

And yes that is supposed to be an Imperial Fists helmet on the spike. What else should it be? :P

[rimg]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4112/496 ... 758a1c.jpg[/rimg]
Iron Warriors Rhino 1 by gmurie, on Flickr

[rimg]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4154/496 ... e876e6.jpg[/rimg]

[rimg]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4131/496 ... 23d5d2.jpg[/rimg]
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

nice. black-yellow stripes could be neater though.
what is that yellowish/brownish weathering? rust?
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================