Arctica's Pirate Crew !

Now Reactivated and Revolutionized!!
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Re: Arctica's Pirate Crew !

Post by Nameless »

well, I wanted to shout - yay for the first finished ToG mini... unfortunately it seems you forgot about the chain on his back.
some nitpicking - squig looks kinda boring. you could probably add some variation to colours with few glazes, or maybe a highlight or two?
few stronger highlights on the fur would be welcome, I think. and silver NMM on the banner would probably look slightly better with darker shades and some darklining.

geez, I'd love to paint my gaming pieces to such quality. I'm still envious, but you can also call me impressed :)
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

I say it looks great, don`t change anything and move on to the next model in your gang!
Who pays attention to such details on a gaming table? That quality is muuuuuch higher then most of the minis that are taking part in battles.
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

Oh yea i missed the chain completely ! lol doh, well i am still contemplating about changing the squig a bit more so i might do some extra changes to him. I think i was very timid on the red highlights for him so he might look a bit boring, but my pics don't really give him much justice. So finished pics will be posted tomorrow ;)

For the banner, the skull itself is more white and i wanted to keep it a slightly different colour to the rest of the banner, but i'll consider darkening the rest a bit more and giving some of those edges a bit more contrast ;) Thanks Phil !.

lol seaman :D it is true people don't pay attention to such details whilst gaming but i want these guys to be awesome and im actually annoyed at myself for missing that chain.
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

sea-man, my comments are usually dependant on the quality level that a painter wanted to achieve.
one paints pure table-top - I'm not searching for small flaws and imperfections, as I know that a painter is well aware of them.
arctica set a really high standard for his warband. if he wants to get a showcase quality on all models - I'm nitpicking to help him achieve that.
I know that this mini is way beyond gaming standards.
Nameless Painter Blog
Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Pandadosmares »

Super dupper job :clap:
arctica

Post by arctica »

Thanks ! :D and i really do appreciate comments on all aspects like this as i think the harsher it is viewed the more i can learn from it.

Anyway here are some pics of the model with painted chain lol , i tried to brighten up the squig a little but my blood red is unusable so i ended up using the base colour red with bleach bone highlights and then glazing over with red again to bring it back in.
ImageClick to see full-sized image

Im really pumped to paint a second ork rather than using them as an army painting buffer, so i might do something quick and get back onto painting another ork.

And here is the status picture for the whole gang :D
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

:clap:
Nameless Painter Blog
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

Nameless wrote::clap:
seconded :D

is the squig original part of model or did it came as some extra bit or whatever?
I mean - can it be purchased separately?

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
arctica

Post by arctica »

The squig is a part of the model, not even separate bit. The separate pieces are the back banner, his left arm and his right arm which is attached to the gun.
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

and the grots - were these part of some set or are they available for buying?

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!