just tried out Infinity

Do you still remember that some people use miniatures for gaming?
Angel_of_Menoth

just tried out Infinity

Post by Angel_of_Menoth »

I tried out a game of Infinity yesterday. I haven't played a sci-fi game in a while, and this was a ton of fun. Infinity is skirmish based, so in some ways it's comparable to Necromunda. The game has a pretty interesting system of Orders and Automated Response Orders. Line of Fire is very important, so the terrain tends to be pretty crowded. The table we played on was originally built for Necromunda and City Fight, and Demi would have given his left zombie-leg to play on a table like this.

The models are really nice, too. I like being able to play a reasonably long game with only 6-10 models, especially when you can do that with no model duplication.

We probably played a bunch of the rules wrong, but we only had the Beta rules that Corvus Belli had available as a free download. We're definitely going to pick up the full rulebook sometime in the next few months.

I got a bunch of random Infinity figs from helping out at Gen Con last year, and I'm hoping that CB donates models to paint and take again so I can get a couple extra figs for the different factions.

Necromunda seemed like fun (I played Mordheim), but Infinity seems to be the thing to scratch my occasional sci-fi itch. Check it out. If nothing else, the models are really cool.
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

RE: just tired out Infinity

Post by Demi_morgana »

don't think I'll ever play this but it's nice to know there's another cool skirmish game available :)

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
przemo

Post by przemo »

Buy a rulebook. It's great! A lo of great pictures and a lot of fluff. Its' beautiful!

Personally I like infinity very much. huge number of abbilities and weapons. Many tactics and playstyles.
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

great to hear there are people who managed to break from the GW brainwash! and I am really glad to hear infinity is so interesting for such small numbers of miniatures. maybe I'll try it one day?

I quite like a lot of models for infinity, and Ana liked a lot of them, which means we may get a few in future....

(OT: Anybody tried "rezolution"? - it's another skirmish SciFi game which is getting more and more popular)
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Angel_of_Menoth

Rez seemed like it will require more figs to play a truly enjoyable game, but it looked pretty cool. Some of the things I saw in the quickstart rules seemed a bit complicated though, but Infinity seemed that way too.

Mahon, you and Ana should definitely get some Infinity minis to paint. Corvus Belli also does a fantasy line, but there's no game for it, as far as I know. Tanya and I picked up a few of their fantasy models, and they are really beautiful. I'm hoping to get started on my CB samurai sometime after Gen Con this year (I want to take a couple of classes for some new techniques before I start).

Demi- If I ever get over to Poland, or get you over here, you'll try the game out. I know you love your Scavvies, though.
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

Oh, Infinity models are great! It is the first sf line (apart from 40k) that caught my attention. There are of course sf models that I like (Urban War, or Foundry Street Violence being examples), but Inifinity is in completely different league.

@A_o_M - check out the rulebook. I have not yet played the game, but lots of people told me, that CB really improved beta rules.
and no, they have no ruleset for fantasy line.

As for Rezolution - know nothing about rules, but I'm not very fond of minis. Some are really nice (peacekeepers, new vati-something stuff), but majority of their line is imo weak.

back to Infinity - I;m going to con this week, there will probably be Infinity tournament and demos. I hope to play few games and learn basics Infinity. We'll see if I catch the bug :)
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
NAVARRO
Mr. Bug-Man

Post by NAVARRO »

well since rackham is going the big army with regiments way, i have been checking what my neighbours are doing with skirmish infinity... im waiting for some bugs^^ will get some minis on the future for sure!
Angel_of_Menoth

the Combined Army is as close to bugs as you'll get, Nav.

The beta rules were much improved over the quickstart rules, and the full rules are supposed to be much better than the beta, so I'm expecting a nice fun game.

As for Rackham, it's Dogs of War for me. Everything else is just not as streamlined as Warmachine for me, as far as larger games go.
NAVARRO
Mr. Bug-Man

Post by NAVARRO »

is it possible to pick some models from some factions and make one warband?.

Its hard to pick one faction alone, all have cool models :)
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

I don't know Nav, but I have the same problem :)
it will probably be Yu Jing for me.
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================