dragon cannon

You need inspiration, ideas? Not a WIP yet but still in a concept stage? Come here!
Zaran

dragon cannon

Post by Zaran »

Ok I've started digging up some forgotten projects and I've come upon a dwarf cannon with a head of a dragon and i'm afraid i'm stuck with the color scheme. I wanted to fit it into my dwarf army, which is basicly painted in blues and yellows, but i can't find any fitting color for the dragon.
Here's a pic to make it easier to visualize:
[rimg]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8562/1009522.th.jpg[/rimg]

help plix :roll:
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Re: dragon cannon

Post by arctica »

Ok that is very cool, i like the whole idea and concept.

Well first for the colours i'd recommend you stay with your army scheme and keep going with that. With the dragon head i think red or green ones are very cliche and might work well with the model itself. You could use photoshop to roughly colour the photo to see how it looks.
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

wow, what a nice project!

I would either go for bronze (+ some weathering/verdigris). that's always a good color for fantasy cannons and doesn't make things look like taken from kids' coloring book!
alternatively you can go for reds, as you can't go wrong with red dragons :)
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Zaran

Post by Zaran »

uhm i wanted it do fit into my army ( main colors: blue and yellow ). So i think that wood will be blue or sth ;)
Red dragon is a nice option, as it'll be a good match for the blue wood.

Another problem is the base, as i want it to be snowy :] Does anyone know any good snow scatter (as baking soda isn't working for me at all, it absorbes the moisture from the surrounding and makes it look bad after a few games :/ ).

What is verdigris and can you link me to any good weathering tutorial? :bonk: (yeah i know i'm a pain in the ass :/)
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector