Skrit's humble sculpting attempt: Grotesque!

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Skrit's humble sculpting attempt: Grotesque!

Post by Skrit »

Hi all,

I'd like to share my humble beginnings with sculpting. I did a rough outline of a grotesque (good name, he shall hence forth be know as the Grotesque! :mrgreen: ) monster in Fimo which I got as a present from a buddy about a year ago. I've worked with green stuff in the past but never any bakeable clay. As I was happily fiddling about with the Fimo I then found out I only had a microwave so couldn't properly bake it! I lost interest and bla die bla die bla... :curtain:

The early sculpt lay around for a while untill I got the urge to work on it again and I found out on the net you could also 'boil' it. Seeing as I had nothing to lose I have given it a try. People did warn that the boiling process could destroy detail work or let the sculpt become brittle. I didn't mind this much as it's just the basic shape and I'll cover it it GS from now on. The body became pretty hard as far as I can tell so it does the job for me!

*Note that the destroyed foot was because I dropped (several times :mrgreen: ) and repositioned it. The black substance was a piece of plastic which the Fimo had lain against and was eaten away by the Fimo! o_O

Attached are pics of before and after;

ImageClick to see full-sized image

ImageClick to see full-sized image

I'll update the process at times if you're interested. Would appreciate feedback. It'll be a strange monster though so please don't expect any real proper anatomy. Bad excuse I know!:P
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Re: Skrit's humble sculpting attempt: Grotesque!

Post by Nameless »

not much to comment on so far, so I'll just wish you happy sculpting :)
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

True mate, just thought I'd share the entire journey. :)
Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Pandadosmares »

:clap:

cool start, and i like the pose you just need to add details