Orkz WIP

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
Hekaton

Re: Orkz WIP

Post by Hekaton »

Ok, I'm still here ;D

I don't have much free time, but in last two days I was able to do some painting.

- this is my only unit (and i'm painting it for sb - the guy has a lot of patience)
- 15 orcs in it

Well, one orc takes me about 8 - 10+ hrs, so it could be too much tme spent on one mini, I guess - but I want them to look as good, as it is possible ;)

Here tried to apply some of your advices, but as for his skirt, still messed up with color pick (and metal parts still need work to look rusty) :?

Another one (overlighted photos... :banghead:):

ImageClick to see full-sized image

And, I've other orcs in progress:

The way I'm doing it is:

1. base + parts primed
2. torso joined + paint
3. base colors on both hands, still separated
4. head on torso + paint
5. hands to torso + paint

It is because I really don't like to paint hard to reach sections, e.g. neck, when everything is connected, and with white primer, those areas stand out. And it is easier for me to make orcs fit in unit ;D

And those yellow shoes... I can't resist the feeling, that because of them, orc is looking kinda like a smurf xD
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Re: Orkz WIP

Post by Hellspawn »

Red is nice, and the "skirt" is nice aswell, though, higlights aren't placed where they should be for some :)