p1per's WIPs

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
jason

Re: p1per's WIPs

Post by jason »

This is looking awsome can't wait to see the finished mini :)
more pictures here plus the votes wouldn't hurt ;) http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/jason
p1per

Post by p1per »

thx guys!! :)
Little Jimbo

Post by Little Jimbo »

It looking good as all ways. But to me it look like the skin on the legs/pelvis is a diffrent color then that face.

Regards
Daniel
p1per

Post by p1per »

Thx Daniel. :)

Skin on her legs hasn't been done yet just a basecoat from the very beginning so that's still on my ToDo list (besides a lot of other things :D ). ;)
Little Jimbo

Post by Little Jimbo »

Hehe ok, I withdraw my statement. but don't you normally finish all the skin when you paint, seems to remember some thing about it for you tutorial, that's the reason I commented on the skin :) .

Regards
Daniel
p1per

Post by p1per »

Nah :D I pick a "part" - for example head/face or left hand or cloak or right hand or shirt or ... and so on - and usually I pretty much finish it before I move to the next (at least thats the way I painted Seamus). :)

But as I said with my ratios, at the moment I'm trying to break some of my "old" habits and see where that might lead me. Maybe a different approach will help me improve. :)
p1per

Post by p1per »

Moving on to her hands and tomorrow hopefully her base (pictures are quite small sry for that :( I'll make bigger ones next time). :)

//Edit: Made a bigger picture anyway that old one was just way too small to see anything.. :)

Cheers
p1per
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

Meh, red isn't as good as it was :( Too dark for me now and it seems glossy like it was "leather" on the second pic :(
Was better before imo
p1per

Post by p1per »

Hmmm u mean the backside of her cloak? The bottom part is turned in that's why I shaded it quite heavily which can't be seen on the picture. :/

...and that glossiness sucks, agree. Might have to try to put the lamps even farther away.
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

Yeah, the backside of her cloak.
Still, previous pics version of the cloak were better (for my taste :) )