p1per's WIPs

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
p1per

Re: p1per's WIPs

Post by p1per »

Changed the color of his hood and scarf... not really happy how it looks now.. looks like crap. :(

Anyways here some pix:

ImageClick to see full-sized image
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

not a crap maybe, but the previous version looked better
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
p1per

Post by p1per »

Tweaked the hood and scarf a bit and also worked on his face :)

Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

Red could pop a little more but still nice :)
p1per

Post by p1per »

Did some work on his chest and shoulder armor. Still gotta fix some lights and shadows but here's his current state. :)

p1per

Post by p1per »

Built a photobox real quick and made some new pictures. Paintjob wasn't touch between the last image and the new one but it should look a bit more natural now and now over-shiny. :D

Dakan

Post by Dakan »

Is the hood already finished? I think it could be better with more highlights. The armour looks good! :clap:
p1per

Post by p1per »

thanks mate. Still need to clean up and tweak the armor a bit but so far I'm happy with it.

Not sure about the hood and scarf though I already highlighted up to Red + Skintone adding more white or any skintone would leave me with quite a pinky highlight, don't want it to get orange either (it's still cloth) but I'll figure somethin' out but any hints are appreciated ;) :)
Dakan

Post by Dakan »

Well, I think you can try add more white+skintone or white to the top lights, you know little bit overdo it, and then unify it with a lot diluted colour/glazes of middle tones (your red).... Anyway I like smooth shading on it. ;)
p1per

Post by p1per »

Tried to increase the highlights/contrast a bit on his hood and scarf by overdoing it slightly - I must say I like it. It doesn't look realistic but gives the eye something to look at. :mrgreen: But I might dampen the lights a bit with some thin red glazes, not sure yet. ;)

Also did some shadows and lights on his leather in the middle and started painting his skirt.

I also did a greyscale pic to see how the contrast looks - well it sucks according to that picture :banghead: :? :o

Comments welcome :)