p1per's WIPs

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
Little Jimbo

Re: p1per's WIPs

Post by Little Jimbo »

looking good i cant wait to see the model finish, I have to admit i just got this model my self and cant wait to start on it :-)
When you pin your minis at the feet how far do normal drill in to attach the pin ?

Regards
Daniel
p1per

Post by p1per »

thx Daniel :)

It really depends on the model how deep I go and whether his feet/hands/shoulders are rather thick or thin. With Seamus' feet it was about 0,5cm maybe a bit less.
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

Shouldn't be the flat part of the blade a little more white? I mean, it's metal, it's flat, so it's usually a reflective part, thus shiny
Last edited by Hellspawn on 25 Mar 2012, o 14:48, edited 1 time in total.
p1per

Post by p1per »

I made the flat part of the blade brighter in general and made the transition up to almost pure white:

thx Hellspawn :)
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

Now you're talking to me :D
p1per

Post by p1per »

Ok not really a "WIP" but I did some testing and practicing on a Space Marine head. My main goald was to practice battle damage and OSL since I've never done either before.

First three pictures are taken before the OSL and battle damage fun (I also tried to push the red a bit further in highlights than I did on my Terminator). :D

I think I still need to get that OSL "cleaner"... it looks quite chalky and dirty right now. With that battle damage I'm not really happy. One thing, I had a really hard time making those white edges they almost always came out too thick. :( also that white color... I think it doesn't work all too good with his red Blood Angels armor.

Any hints/feedback/comments are much appreciated. :)

p1per
Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Pandadosmares »

Looking good, just two sugestions:

1st- in the OSL you might wanna try and give a edge highlight so it would pop up and why not a glaze of red to soften the rest?

2nd- in the battle damage why dont you start the damage with the brighter color and then paint the darker above? for me its easier to get the thin lines that way
p1per

Post by p1per »

Thanks I added a white line under the eyes and I like it - makes them "shine" even more. :)

Also tried your hint with the battle damage. Definately better this way. :D
p1per

Post by p1per »

Just a quick picture of what I started 2 hours ago:

This one is supposed to be one of my Freebooter entries as well as a birthday present for my mum. :)

Let me know what you think.

Almost forgot - colors used for the skin:

Basecoat: Coat'd'Arms Tanned Flesh : GW Kislev Flesh : GW Steel Legion Drab (2:1:0,5)

Highlight I: Basecoat + GW Kislev Flesh (1drop) + GW White Scar (1drop)
Highlight II: Highlight I + GW Kislev Flesh (1drop) + GW White Scar (1drop)
Highlight III: Highlight II + GW White Scar (2drops)
Highlight IV: Highlight III + GW White Scar (3drops)
Highlight V: GW White Scar (+ a brush tip of Highlight IV to mak it a bit "dirty")

Shadow I: Basecoat + GW Doombull Brown (1drop)
Shadow II: Basecoat + GW Doombull Brown (2drop)
Shadow III: Basecoat + GW Doombull Brown (3drop)

Glazes:
-) GW Xereus Purple (Midtones + Shadows)
-) GW Warpstone Glow (Shadows)
p1per

Post by p1per »

Just a quick picture (not the best...) how things go. :)