Dirty SoBattle

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
LittleDave

Dirty SoBattle

Post by LittleDave »

Had to use a eight to ten year old camera and tried about every type of lighting imaginable. Not sure if I could get a decent photo to save my life. :(

It probably looks better when shrunk to the actual mini size.
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Re: Dirty SoBattle

Post by Maru »

photo looks fine ...
butyou have forgoton to wtite somthing about mini end what is your golal with it .. asat this moment it is offwhite armor shaded with rusty brown in depth parts + lethey brown thingi betwen legs - is that a robe ??
so ther is not much i mey sugest as i have no idea whar you whana go with that ..
"GOOD RACK CAN MAKE A DONKEY ATTACK LION"
http://maru.worldblogcafe.com/
LittleDave

Post by LittleDave »

Currently the armor goes from brown (rust), to light blue midtones, to pure white highlights. Black lining didn't look good. Maybe it should be shaded with a darker brown?

Yes, the middle part is the loincloth with shading from a dark mahogany to vibrant orange highlights. The photo color is slightly off here.

The figure is for display, although it doesn't have to be a Golden Demon winner. May do 3-5 of them as a unit. Below is the very first mini that I ever posted on this site. My only goal is to improve. :)

ImageClick to see full-sized image
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

i think that for such bright minature you got enught of "dark linking" using just brown
on such off white armor (mix of grey , bue /white end white ) this rusty color mey look realy cool as battle demage or rust / chiped paint effect
end about thi 1 SOB .. well ther is huge defrent :)
LittleDave

Post by LittleDave »

ImageClick to see full-sized image

Test piece that was done this morning. It is still a little rough. This won't be finished simply because it's a pre-primed eBay figure with a bunch of imperfections (bottom of the hilt, lots of mold lines, etc). It's mainly to plan out a color scheme for the Seraphim unit. Also thinking of changing the orange cloth (first photo) to a dark purple or olive green.

Feel free to post harsh criticism on this stuff as long as it's constructive. If there's no feedback, I'll just presume I'm on my way to painting some Golden Demon winners. :D
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

the wekest part is hand of this blade - this part that looklike white candy stick
the green rust part of blade is nice gradient - ppl tend to putther some freehands but cleen effect is better then poor freehand - end you gotther cleen
end actualy no idea what to add as this is quite erly wip .. (dunno make sharper edges ??)