Back to painting - High Elf Mage

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
Ayame

Post by Ayame »

Decided to redo his eyes for now, I think the eyes was technically good but they didn't give the feeling I wanted for this character

Here's the basecoat for his blonde hair:

ImageClick to see full-sized image

Not using my own camera atm so the photos might not be as good.
Ayame

Post by Ayame »

Hair update, almost done, still need to alter the tone a bit and some final touches but I won't do that until I got more areas done.

Edit: I've given up trying to get decent pictures with the current camera so until I get my own back later this week they will be a little dark and of poor quality.
Gildor

Post by Gildor »

Nice idea with that hair but I think his skin is too pale. If i were you I would try to use some red and purple glazes.
Nice back from break! I'm looking forward to see next steps of your work!
Sry 4my english, keep on painting!
Cheers.
Ayame

Post by Ayame »

Hey Gildor! Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it.

Yes I agree the colours of the face doesn't match very well with the hair and I was already planing on fixing this with washes and glazes just as you suggested however I've decided to wait till the mini is pretty much finished since I reckon it will be easier to tie everything together then =)
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

I wasn't sure about green basecoat of the hair but it's magc user after all! :wink:
are you going to paint nmm or metalics here?

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Ayame

Post by Ayame »

Demi_morgana wrote:I wasn't sure about green basecoat of the hair but it's magc user after all! :wink:
are you going to paint nmm or metalics here?
I'm going to use NMM!