Dark's WIP Updated

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Re: Dark's WIP (Emp Child started painting shiny sword)

Post by mahon »

yeah, the sword just rocks! smooth, shiny, sharp :twisted:
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

Definitly keep the sword! :shock:
Darkmessiah

Post by Darkmessiah »

its official, am keepin it lol, it looks very senmm, totally opposite of what i was lookin to do like :D

since iv started i might as well go the whole hog, what do u guys reckon to some purple in the shadows to how a reflection of his purple armour?
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

checked Darkmessiah's location....
UK...

no need to go to GD UK then... :roll:

(as for purples, I think it's a good idea but wouldn't do it before painting the marine, as the complete miniature may change your concept...)
-- Mahoń

Darkmessiah

Post by Darkmessiah »

mahon wrote:checked Darkmessiah's location....
UK...

no need to go to GD UK then... :roll:

i wish that turns out to be true, but am goin to be up against some really tough competition and this is gunna be a rushed paintjob at best, he'll look kick arse though :mrgreen:

(as for purples, I think it's a good idea but wouldn't do it before painting the marine, as the complete miniature may change your concept...)

yea am just gunna leave the sword till later, iv still got work to do on it but ill be able to balance it out better once more of the mini is done
just started with the highlight/shading, kinda jaded after work so iv only done a bit of shading, gunna be puttin some more purple back in to the more extreme highlights on the top, gunna get up bright and early 2morro to finish the armour and make a start on the metallics, hopefully fingers crossed
ImageClick to see full-sized image
pics are a bit naf, theirs a little more contrast irl, also i need to sand down the middle of the cape, its only the basecoat their so hopefull i wont ruin anythin :(

also, how little gold do u think i can get away with? i know emps child are purple and gold, but am far more comfortable with silver than gold, i was thinking all the the 2 aquillas only, the rest in silver...
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Re: Dark's WIP (Emp Child highlights and shadows... )

Post by mahon »

i think you were right about the sword - it would benefit from some purple in the darkest shadows...
-- Mahoń

Darkmessiah

Re: Dark's WIP

Post by Darkmessiah »

Hi everyone,

First off, the emps champ didnt make it to Gd, neither did grotty races, they have both been shelved (for now) until i get a few commission and comp pieces out the way, i will come back to them soon though, promise :)

So, iv got alot of project ideas floating around at the moment, mainly for salute and next years gd, so heres one of em am doing for the latest ladder challenge....

Hasslefree Dio

everyones thoughs are appreciated :)
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Re: Dark's WIP (Emp Child highlights and shadows... )

Post by Nameless »

oh. bloody fantastic. I love it.
I'd perhaps love it even more, if you developed this story by adding:
1/ another monster on tracks, preparing to jump down,
2/ shattered train window, with some blood tracks like something dragged its victim, and/or
3/ corpse behind the monster.
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Darkmessiah

Re: Dark's WIp

Post by Darkmessiah »

Nameless wrote:oh. bloody fantastic. I love it.
I'd perhaps love it even more, if you developed this story by adding:
1/ another monster on tracks, preparing to jump down,
2/ shattered train window, with some blood tracks like something dragged its victim, and/or
3/ corpse behind the monster.
do u think id leave the scene without some extra bits to it ;) At the moment am not sure how those bits are going to take shape, iv got a leaping mawe here, lookin at the dio i could prob use the crouching mawe lookin down off the top of the train, as for the corpse my idea was to have a mawe dragging a body up the stairs, although ur number 3 makes me think that some guy with his leg bitten off dragging themselves up the stairs would be better. iv got the train windows here, ill be puttin a few of em back in once am finished painting.
only prob iv got is finding a nice corpse/leg bit off mini at the same scale....
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Re: Dark's WIP (Hasslefree Dio)

Post by sea.man »

it`s going to look great! I like the concept and can`t wait to see it finished.
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22